The following is an aquarium owned by my customer Jim Cavicchioli. I can't take credit for the vision, installation, aquascaping, or maintenance of the aquarium as that was all done by Jim. I consulted on the build and sold him most of the equipment and animals including the aquarium which I also drilled. I would like to thank Jim for allowing me to share his aquarium with you.
60" x 30" x 25"H Custom Starfire (On both front panels)
System Volume: 332 gallons Equipment
- 60" x 24" x 22"H Custom Acrylic Sump with Black Back and Frag Section
- Overflow : Two custom black acrylic boxes mounted through 4 - 1 3/4" holes drilled through each side of the aquarium.
- Main Pump : Blue Line 100HD
- Four 1" Returns 2 of which go through Sea Swirl 1" Rotaters
- Deltec Kalkwasser Stirrer
- MTC Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
-Kent Marine High S 100gpd RO unit
- Blueline 100HD main circulation pump
- Protein Skimmer: Aqua-C EV240 w/2 liter Aqua-C waste collector
-Top Off: Reef Filler 2000
-Chiller: Don't recall the brand or HP Lighting
- Main tank: Maristar 48" 2 x 250wt HQI w/10k (13K) Aqualine Buschke and 2 x 54wt. ATI blue plus T5 HO
- Frag section of Refugium: Coralife Aqualight Pendant 150wt HQI w/10K (13K) Aqualine Buschke Coral
Predominantly various specie of SPS
(especially Acropora sp.) a few LPS
and some Blue Actinodiscus sp. Mushrooms.
-One 8"-10" Ultra Maxima grown from approximately 2"
- I'll list what I can remember for you
- Purple Tang
- African Blue Eye Gold Midas Blenny
- Flame Angel
-Starry Algae Blenny
-Pair of Breeding Kauderns (Bangaii) Cardinals
-Pair of clowns: 1- Irian Jaya True Percula and 1- Black Ocellaris
-Twin Spot Hogfish Inverts
-Green Abalone (tank raised)
-Electric Blue Stripe Hermits
-Sea of Cortez Red leg Hermits
-Several Emerald Crabs
View from Kitchen/Family Room
View from Dining Room
As someone that takes care of many aquariums I appreciate the fact that this aquarium is designed to be "maintenance friendly" which is often not the case with aquariums built into the wall. Complete access to both sides of the aquarium as well as the top and bottom are available. Side doors are hinged from top to bottom on both doors and also on the seam so that they fold out of the way when open.
Aquarium is plumbed through the bottom of the cabinet into the basement.
Looking down to the refugium/frag tank.
1" flexible PVC for Drains and return lines.
RO/DI with Reef Filler 2000, make up water container, and sink with RO water on the bar spigot. Sink also has a garbage disposal for grinding up anything that might clog the sink. Hope you enjoy seeing it as much as I did! (though as most setups pictures don't do it justice).