[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

220g work tank

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default 220g work tank

My boss ordered in a 220g marineland RR tank. I went to see it today when I picked up my seahares she ordered for me. It is HUGE!! It is going to be for Display only in the store. No corals, just a FOWLR. Since I'm the saltwater employee, it's going to be fun to get it all set up and running. The fun begins tomorrow. Talk about being excited to go to work, lol.

So what do you all think we should put in there?

I've never done a FO tank, so I'm clueless, lol. We love the Tangs and Large Angels....we just don't want them to fight. First we have to decide what we want, then which to add first.

My boss wants to add a big lionfish....I need to talk her out of that. Big fish are cool....but if she puts a large lionfish in there, she can't have any smaller schooling fish. They will be lion lunch, lol.

We have plenty of time to figure the fish list out, it's not even wet yet.

Any suggestions would be great.

I love setting up tanks.....especially when it's not my $$$ paying for it. :YEAH: :laughing8:

Angie

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

A THOUSAND "NEMOS". Just think a free "Nemo" with every new tank, what the kids would do to con their parents for that!!!
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

oh man I would get a majestic angel and a couple of tangs and then a nice school of anthias!!!!
    fulltankshot 1 - 220g work tank

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default how a

how about a couple of these guys its a wrasp

i want one there about $180.oo it is a lineatus wrasse (cirrhilabrus linneatus)
    :: hummer :nemo

In a 220g tank I think we'd need too many for them to be seen. At that price I doubt my boss would even order them, lol. But they are very pretty.

I'm going to try for an Achilles tang for sure. I have to convince her to set up a QT tank first. Darn Ich collectors.

Angie

For the schooling fish I'd like to put about 20 blue-green chromis in there. Not overly agressive, but still pretty, inexpensive and hardy. I like yellow tail blue damsels too. They don't get too big and the ones I've had have never been overly agressive with eachother. They would a nice splash of color to the tank. Since this is the store display tank, we need it to grab the customers attention and make them want to get into saltwater. The more color the better. Right now the only display tank is my old 125g reef tank, and customers just starting out are scared to try Corals right away.
    Not to mention the fact that they are put off by the cost of Halides and other nessary items for the corals to thrive. We're basically trying to lure them in with FOWLR and we figure they will end up with a reef tank eventually, lol. We all do

Angie

Angie

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Angie, you dont want to do damsels. they are the meanest little buggars you could do.
    fulltankshot 1 - 220g work tank

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

wheres the pics...hehe
    :: hummer :nemo

I know the majority of them are mean, but my chromis and my yellow tail blues were never terrorists unlike my dominos and 3 stripes. Now those were mean!!! They will be in a tank with large Angels and Tangs. They will be the small guys, so the only ones they could bully would be eachother

I got sick at work, so I'm home for the rest of the day. SO no work on the 220g today. Maybe tomorrow if I'm feeling better.

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

i went to a store called aquarium adventure and they had a huge FOWLR tank. they had porcupine puffers and a baby (about 18 in long) shark and several other really interesting fish that I could not identify.
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last