[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Adalius's Biocube 29

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
    adalius - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Josh

Default Adalius's Biocube 29

So, figured I'd start this here since I have am giddy with excitement right now. We just had a power outage due to some heavy storms. It was out for roughly an hour, as soon as it comes back on I walk in the living room to check the tank and adjust the timers. What do I find? One of the clownfish being hosted by my BTA for the first time that I've seen. Hopefully (s)he'll [not a big enough size difference for me to tell yet] teach the other one and this will become a common occurrence.

That said, I'll post pictures as soon as I find out where my wife hid her camera and her cord.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimsflies; 04-20-2012 at 07:36 AM. Reason: attached photo for display purposes

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Awesome, that's always the best when it the first! What kinda clown are they?
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

First Name
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    Awesome, that's always the best when it the first! What kinda clown are they?
    Ocellaris. Bought two tiny ones with one being just a weeee bit bigger hoping to pair them up.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Looking forward to the pics!!

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

it is exciting to see your fish move in it took mine a good 4 months to decide it like the nem' as a home. occy here too.

First Name
    Josh

It didn't go in it too much more last night but it at least figured out that it's not going to sting it, which is a plus. We'll see how it does this weekend so I can actually tell if it's hanging out in it more.

First Name
    Josh

Default Pictures!

So I took some very quick pics tonight, some are less than unblurry.

Here's the left/front/right sides of the tank. I went for a very cave-centric rock piling.
    picturephp?albumid133&amppictureid673 - Adalius's Biocube 29
    picturephp?albumid133&amppictureid666 - Adalius's Biocube 29
    picturephp?albumid133&amppictureid672 - Adalius's Biocube 29

This is my BTA and one of the Occellaris Clowns. The BTA just finally settled 5-6 days ago after moving around for almost 2 weeks. 2nd Picture also has some of the whopping 3 corals I have right now in it.
    picturephp?albumid133&amppictureid668 - Adalius's Biocube 29
    picturephp?albumid133&amppictureid667 - Adalius's Biocube 29

Here's my button polyps.
    picturephp?albumid133&amppictureid669 - Adalius's Biocube 29

And my tiny mushrooms. The rock also has 3 pin-head size polyps of something starting to grow. They look almost like candy cane coral but they're way too small to tell. Also prominently displayed is my lettuce sea slug.
    picturephp?albumid133&amppictureid670 - Adalius's Biocube 29

And finally, the pi

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Lettuce sea slug for.......................? What? You don't look like you have that much gha.
    Was it bad in other pics? I only see a spot coming off the flow.
    Has it done a good job eating the gha-- and can you post a pic of it before hand?
    I am contemplating buying one, but I am worried my tangs will nip at it.
    Any likes/dislikes having one?

First Name
    Josh

I had a mat of GHA and RHA on all my rocks when it started, it has mown it down considerably. I'm actually worried that it's eating it faster than it can reproduce at this point. I didn't have any before pics however, we didn't find my wife's camera charger until last week from when we moved here, but it was allllll over. It hasn't touched anything it shouldn't, or even knocked anything over that it shouldn't. Heck, sometimes the flow from my rotating output even knocks it off things and then it drifts until it lands on the substrate.

Really the only concern I have with it, like I said, is that it's going to starve eventually. But it hasn't gotten any smaller yet either, so I don't know how long that will be, or if it even will.

Right now I'm busy fighting a diatom outbreak and letting the snails take care of the RHA.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Wish we lived closer...I would "borrow" him or rent him from you to 1 help my gha problem, and 2 give him something to eat
    I am still kindof on the fence. I know my tangs, if the poor little guy caught a current and was drifting in mid ocean, lol, they would charge and suck him up and spit him out.... like they do with the brine. I am just worried since I read that the lettuce slug can kill the fish if they eat/bite it.
    How true this is I am not sure...but not willing to try it.
    I may try to catch the tangs again, relocate them to another tank, THEN put the itty bitty guy in to go to town.... hmmm....that might work....... ok, gotta plan on catching the fish again!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last