[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

binfords 150 ver 2.0

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

coral ecstacy and oyster feast lol I am starting to use frenzy now because it's easier to get and they sell it in a larger volume and at my favorite LFS Fish doctors. WOW that four plugs in one sentence I should go into advertiseing. I am really starting to believe in Calfo's feeding practices and seeing great results with all species of coral.I am really looking forward to the six month's comparison shots.
    Likes MizTanks liked this post

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

What's your feeding regimen? What's Calfo's practices? That Coral Extacy has done wonders for my corals. I've noticed wonderful growth. Especially outta my Blasto Meriletti To bad I can't get the Frenzy or Oyster Feast around here, wouldn't mind trying it for comparison reasons.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    What's your feeding regimen? What's Calfo's practices? That Coral Extacy has done wonders for my corals. I've noticed wonderful growth. Especially outta my Blasto Meriletti To bad I can't get the Frenzy or Oyster Feast around here, wouldn't mind trying it for comparison reasons.
    Calfo writes allot about the need for zooplankton,protiens and lipids and misconcepton of the amount of phytoplankton.I have concentrated allot on zooplankton which is the primary food for corals.Both the frenzy and ecstacy have high protien and rotifer levels which are benifical for growth along with carbonates where stoney corals are concerned.Oyster feast is also very high in protien and has the much need lipids so it's a nice addition that everything seems to love.I also have been doing very concentrated target feeding useing a 2 liter bottle to ensure the coral does not retract during feeding and has no outside compation for it's food source during feeding

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    Calfo writes allot about the need for zooplankton,protiens and lipids and misconcepton of the amount of phytoplankton.I have concentrated allot on zooplankton which is the primary food for corals.Both the frenzy and ecstacy have high protien and rotifer levels which are benifical for growth along with carbonates where stoney corals are concerned.Oyster feast is also very high in protien and has the much need lipids so it's a nice addition that everything seems to love.I also have been doing very concentrated target feeding useing a 2 liter bottle to ensure the coral does not retract during feeding and has no outside compation for it's food source during feeding
    How often do you feed/time of day? Do you turn off all flow during feeding?

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    How often do you feed/time of day? Do you turn off all flow during feeding?
    I'm running a sulfur mitrate reactor so feeding needs to be done on a daily basis.Three times a week is more then enough normaly.I do turn the flow off and usually feed during the middle of my lite cycle while evrythings stretched out and looking to feed along with all that light from the LED's. LOL

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Great info. Thanks for sharing Chuck

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Well getting alittle bored so guess I'll add to the tank thread :

DSC02167 - binfords 150 ver 2.0
    carlito alien eye

DSC02157 - binfords 150 ver 2.0
    orange crush acan

DSC02138 - binfords 150 ver 2.0