[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Chelle's Ocean

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Default Chelle's Ocean

Ok- I have tried this earlier, but got thrown offline, and lost my post...probably from one of the storms soooo...let's try it again:
    Here are my tanks:
    180 gallon mixed reef (lil' ocean in progress)
    14 gallon biocube
    5 gallon (houses a frogfish named "Bubba", a hermit, a tonga snail, and a sea whip)
    1 gallon (used for housing the feeder fish/shrimp for the frogfish, as well as algae for the tangs)

This is my Lil' Ocean. Stop by and visit whenever you'd like. Comment whenever, I'll be checking back in between my daily activities.
    Last edited by Chelle's Ocean; 06-06-2010 at 07:20 PM.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

the biocube holds my mated pair of clowns, who just took to the newly placed green BTA as of yesterday morning! YEAH!! I was beginning to think they would never find it- but when I got up yesterday morning, there was mamma.....just sitting there.
    I think they are 'expecting' again! Yes! I am so determined to have success with this next stream of clutches. I had them originally in the main tank, and they kept laying on a really tall, heavy statue that I could never get to. So took it, and them out, and moved them to their own tank. So.....wish me luck for mamma and pappa nemo!
    Last edited by Chelle's Ocean; 06-06-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Sounds sweet!! Would love to see the mixed reef and the frogfish!!

Are all these tanks plumbed to one system, or all seperate? What kind of equipment ya runnin?

Lookin forward to seeing this one!!

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Also......who here has a sea hare? I now have 2- working on my third. The one I am truly looking for, is the one that I truly want. But the other two were purchased in hopes of eating some hair algae I created by doing a little experiment. Anyhoo.......I have a black sea hare, that lol you have to see it to believe it, but he has managed to get himself stuck in a hole of my frag rack! I swear it is funny, I laughed so hard when I saw him. I was looking for the other one that blends in with the rockwork, and found "Sluggo #2" stuck. He looks like a chubby guy who tried making a getaway on a funny movie and got stuck in the window! He keeps trying to go through, as much as I gently keep pushing him back the way he started. (they do have a small shell inside, so he won't fit in the hole all the way through) But darn it if he isn't persistent! I will post a photo, It really should be on America's Most Stubborn Marine Animals or something, lol
    (oh, and just to let anyone out there be aware, as I am sure there might be a concern....the 2 sea hares that I have do NOT eat hair algae, they eat the very very fine algae that grows on the glass only and they eat the brine that falls on the sand. DON'T ASK ME WHY? I haven't read of a sea hare eating brine shrimp- but these do They do not go on the rock. So, just to let those out there be aware, my sea hares are not starving by any means- under normal situations I would only house (1). But I am still looking for the one I need (ordered him online and they sent me something completely different without telling me, and have not returned my email). So Sluggo#1 and Sluggo#2 are fat and healthy........Still looking for the one I originally wanted.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

No- they are all separate systems.
    I will be posting the stats here in a bit.....gotta do some 'real world' stuff, lol then I can jump back online to my Ocean Fantasy! Be back in a bit......

Bella127 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Pete
    Awards Fantasy Football Champion - 2012 Fantasy Football League Champ Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

We will be waiting , patiently

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

- Ok I am back.....decided instead to try to get Sluggo out of the frag rack, instead of leaving him there over night. He had been there much of the day, and I kept going back to check on him, hoping he would wiggle himself backwards and out of the hole. But no. I used a feeding wand (blunt tip,flat) to gently tap/nudge him on the head, he would shrink up away from the stick and move backward, then stop and after awhile he would stretch forward again. We did this over and over as I tried other ways - put on a glove and tried to gently pull him out (ever try to pull a snake from a hole....they just retract) he did too. So, when I signed off earlier above, I went to check on him...and there was a single droplet of purple-red ink coming from him...but not moving. Just a single drop swaying back and forth. I pulled the entire rack out - again - and again tried to get him out without causing him any more stress than he's caused himself. But, he was not alive - his upper portion is so completely chubbed out (that's the only way to describe it) and his lower portion is stuck as he wedged the shell up near the hole. The only thing I can now think of, is to let him sit out, and hope that he dries out a bit like a regular slug - almost to where he would shrink, if that makes sense? I truly don't want to damage him, or cut the hole around him (yes I realize he's no longer living, but I still don't like to do that...he was still part of my tank. ) Has anyone at all gone through this.as weird as this is...what did you do to get a "hare out of the hole"? And if this is the first time this has happened (hopefully it's not) then stay tuned for updates on how I get him out........................... R.I.P. Sluggo#2

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Thats is quite the story!! Sorry to hear about sluggo #2.

Im gonna have to think about this one for a bit.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Yeah, very disheartening. I get attached to all my little critters in my tank. And I hate to see something go. (luckily- I can honestly say I have never killed anything, and my water chemistry has always been good-from the very start 3 years ago- nothing has died off) But to commit slugicide? That just kills me! He was too dumb or too stubborn to go back through the hole...instead he kept pushing forward trying to get through. It bothers me that there wasn't something I could do to get him out. Sad. So sad. Let me know what anyone thinks of to get him out.
    Good nite all...................(sniff sniff sob)

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Chelle's Ocean

OH my! Is this what happened to my sea hare too? That's how I found her. Dead in a hole. What was left of her anyways
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... Last