[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Chelle's Ocean

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    streetrodder007 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill

DO you run real Ocean water, or do you mix your own saltwater ? Advantage to living by the ocean, Free saltwater.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by streetrodder007 View Post
    DO you run real Ocean water, or do you mix your own saltwater ? Advantage to living by the ocean, Free saltwater.
    LOL, as long as it's not near a hot tourist spot. Don't want to add more pee water!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Rob........no, I actually have bid on several different auction sites, but usually get outbid when it blows past $100 , have missed out on a few beauties..but I would rather go and pick something up like that and spend the $$$ and make sure it is healthy etc. I have bought from frags.org, with success, and also coral2sell.com is food (I believe there are several sellers up by you).
    I will keep trying on bidding- but I am very particular on what I put into my tank. So I don't mind missing out sometimes. Now.....that's not to say that if something really calls to me, that I won't be sitting up all nite bidding my heart out,lol...and will def post a pic of that one.

Bill..... nope. No seawater (and with the oil spill lately.....can you blame me?) plus I do not want any unwanted bacteria or 'things' in my tank that I don't know about.
    I actually do not run my tank 'by the book' and alot of people galk at what I say I do, but it works for me. And when they see my tank, they say "well, I don't know how you do that, but wow, it looks great!" I have read books, still do - Bob Fenner is one I follow on WWM.com, but I actually use bottled water. (lol yeah, I bought / recycled ALOT of water bottles in the set up stages to fill my tank)
    So, no - no ocean water.......plain old drinking water (RO) from Walmart.

streetrodder007 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill

You know I always feel," if it works for you, more power to you". Just curious why you buy bottled instead of buying a RO/DI ?
    I store my RO water that I make in 5 gal Culligan containers. they have Very tight fitting lids that help keep the TDS at 0 . They are recycled and free. It takes 1 1/2 hour to fill my 5 gal. jug with good water. I have a few of them though that I always keep ready to go.
    Last edited by streetrodder007; 08-02-2010 at 05:07 PM.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Bill...not quite sure what happened to my post yesterday? But I guess I got timed out and it didn't save. I have bought bottled h2o from the getgo. I want to make sure I know everything that goes into my tank (took awhile for me to get it, so I am kindof OCD about what goes in, who touches it, no one does maintenance or feedings but me....although hubby does the wiring/hose installations, - he's my handytankman!)
    I just prefer the bottled water, knowing it is pure and clean ro/di I am putting in there... so far all this time, no problems.......knock on wood, lol

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

(we live on the water, small island...so no city water, we have well water and a very nice, very perfect water system that we upgraded when moving in- however, there is always a chance in the back of my head that something may get in my tank..... it is my baby, lol, and I am just freaky about it...so even though hubby has tried to get me to get a ro/di unit, saying it will pay for itself...I agree with that fact- but still am firm in not taking a chance of changing it after all this time )....yeah...I am finicky about my tank, lol

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Wow....... I need to get off this computer! I am seeing too many listings, looking up too many fishie facts about my baby clowns to be, my mind is boggled. Just realized that one of the sponsors is someone I have been following/contacting on ebay & coral2sell.... duh me, just noticed the banner above, so Hey there Frag Frenzy!! Glad to see you here, lol!!

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

i just found a sponser like that too (premium aquatics) i fould a clearance item i wanted, then i found my order would be enough for free shipping. AND THEN... lol i came here and saw they offered 5% off for "liking" them on facebook! so other than spending money i shouldnt be, i will be getting a great deal doing it assuming they dont sellout in the next couple of days

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

www.premiumaquatics.com is very good....Mike I believe his name is, unless I am confusing him with someone else (?)

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo.......what kind of strange and scary things have happened to you this week?

Me?................almost got annihilated by Monti!!
    But I narrowly escaped the grip of death!!!

lol.....Monti,(if I didn't already say), is my very large very in charge haddoni carpet. And while I was trying to reach into a very delicately tricky spot in a cave to get a mushroom that fell in there.... well, Monti decided to reach out and touch someone....me!

He stretched out while I was staring into the cave minding my own business, and clung to me, beginning to wrap himself around my hand.....well..... no harm darn at all- not even a little bit- but he scared the ba-jeezes outta me!

Just felt like sharing with ya! Have a great weekend everyone!

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last