[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Creefer's New 40B Rimless

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Default Creefer's New 40B Rimless

Some of you have seen my planning thread for this build. It's now underway. I purchased a used stand from Tom@Haslett and am in the process of refinishing and reworking it as needed for my use. I purchased a 1500GPH overflow kit from glass holes but I plan to only push about 750 GPH through it. I got it because it has 2 drains and will allow me to plumb it kind of like a herbie so I can put a valve on each side to allow me to control flow and noise. The tank is a rimless 36" x 18" x 16" and the front panel is starfire. The quality on the tank is decent. I could not beat the price though and the areas where I have issues on quality are in the back and will never be seen.

I also picked up an aquatic life 36" 6-lamp T5. I got a great deal on it and am really excited to get new bulbs for it. I'm planning on the following for lamps.

Front
    ATI Blue +
    ATI Blue +
    ATI Purple +
    KZ New Generation
    ATI Blue+
    ATI Blue +

This is going to be what I run for several months. I plan on removing one of the lamps in favor of a DIY LED system to get me some of that awesome shimmer!!

Anyway, here are some pictures of where I am so far. I hope to get the stand finished this weekend and get the plumbing mocked up as well so I can water this week and hopefully, transfer my livestock next week. With my sump, I should have a TWV of approximately 4
    5 gallons. I have about 28 in my current system, so it's going to be like doing a 50% waterchange as I'll be using water from the current system with freshly mixed SW. I'll use all my current live rock and some of my sand will be used in the fuge. Needless to say....I'm pretty excited. I welcome all comments and suggestions.

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/...imless%202012/

Edit: Had to use photobucket because I can't remember how to put pics up here.
    Last edited by creefer; 02-02-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Here ya go-

Tank2 - Creefer's New 40B Rimless

Tank1 - Creefer's New 40B Rimless

Standinprogress - Creefer's New 40B Rimless

GH1500GPHKit - Creefer's New 40B Rimless

Fixture - Creefer's New 40B Rimless

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Looks like a great start!

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Thanks, Chris!