[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

What type of fish is in the middle of CaptiveReefs (top left corner of page...hint it is the main character in Finding Nemo) )

DBarsotti's Tank On A Hill


Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last
Results 11 to 20 of 111
  1. #11
    tankdude - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Shelby Twp.
    Posts
    237

    Default

    I love your setup! I didn't reed all the posts, are you going to eventually upgrade to a bigger tank?

  2. #12
    CR Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    94
    Awards Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tankdude View Post
    I love your setup! I didn't reed all the posts, are you going to eventually upgrade to a bigger tank?
    Thank you! Yes HOPEFULLY this weekend i will be picking up my new 120g if everything goes as planned.

  3. #13
    demonclownfish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Chatbox Menace

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ortonville
    Posts
    1,229
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

    Default

    can you say AEFW paradise?lol jkin, sweet tank..... but wheres the zoas and LPS????

  4. #14
    CR Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    94
    Awards Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demonclownfish View Post
    can you say AEFW paradise?lol jkin, sweet tank..... but wheres the zoas and LPS????
    thanks, yeah AEFW would have a blast in there.. nothing goes in my tank without being dipped in various things.

    whats a Zoas or a LPS??? ahahha I have a few but i'm real into sps, once i upgrade i'll most likely start adding some lps since i'll have a lot more space to work with.

  5. #15
    ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CORAL CITY U.S.A
    Posts
    3,367
    Awards Photo of the Month

    Default

    Dude, glad to have you over here! You tank is schweet and some killer growth. What kinda light are you using?
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

  6. #16
    rmalone - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    grand blanc, mi
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Well done, it's not easy to grow such a nice sps tank in a 40g. You've really watched your p's and q's!! One question though why just a 120g, you'll have that outgrown in 18mo. You need to go at least 180g, you know, a little room to play. You obviously know how to play so don't cut your space short. Lovely tank, nice job.

  7. #17

    Default

    Beautiful! Absolutely stunning! A bit of advice though,,,,Stay away from the "weeds" in your new tank. You clearly have the "Reef Thumb" with SPS. Why downgrade? Great job, please post a build thread when you get the new tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarsotti View Post
    thanks, yeah AEFW would have a blast in there.. nothing goes in my tank without being dipped in various things.

    whats a Zoas or a LPS??? ahahha I have a few but i'm real into sps, once i upgrade i'll most likely start adding some lps since i'll have a lot more space to work with.

  8. #18
    CR Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    94
    Awards Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    Dude, glad to have you over here! You tank is schweet and some killer growth. What kinda light are you using?
    thanks! I run a 36" current USA outter orbit 2x150watt 14k Phoenix MH
    4xT5

    Quote Originally Posted by rmalone View Post
    Well done, it's not easy to grow such a nice sps tank in a 40g. You've really watched your p's and q's!! One question though why just a 120g, you'll have that outgrown in 18mo. You need to go at least 180g, you know, a little room to play. You obviously know how to play so don't cut your space short. Lovely tank, nice job.
    thank you, I don't have room for anything bigger than a 120 at this point and plus the new tank will only be set up for less than 2 years till i move, so i figured a 120 was my best option. pluuuusss i already have alight that'll fit the 120

    Quote Originally Posted by schminksbro View Post
    Beautiful! Absolutely stunning! A bit of advice though,,,,Stay away from the "weeds" in your new tank. You clearly have the "Reef Thumb" with SPS. Why downgrade? Great job, please post a build thread when you get the new tank.
    thanks and i'll make sure and start a build thread.

  9. #19
    Mike - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Looks awsome!!!
    anacroporamademepoora
    --Lifetime member of the "No Mud Club".:

  10. #20
    streetrodder007 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Huron Township, MI
    Posts
    153

    Default

    You certainly know how to grow coral. Fantastic looking setup ! Welcome aboard.

Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last

Similar Topics

  1. Disaster & Prevention Going down hill fast! Help!!
    By MizTanks in forum Basics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 10:38 AM
  2. DBarsotti's SPS Jungle
    By DBarsotti in forum Featured Reef Aquariums
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 09:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About CaptiveReefs

    If you are interested in learning about reefkeeping or have a problem with your reef, our reefkeeping community is here to help. Feel free to ask a question or search our site. We have lots of experienced reefkeepers that are willing to provide free reefkeeping advice!

    Besides being a great resource for all levels of reef aquarium hobbyists, CaptiveReefs is a social experience that will enhance your enjoyment of reefkeeping. CaptiveReefs is committed to connecting reefkeepers with the support and information they need to grow beautiful coral reef aquariums.

Information

Connect with Us