[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

EMUreef's 90g build!!!!!!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 23 First 1 2 3 4 12 ... Last
    EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Alright another update.

First pictures we got are my new reflectors.

Talk about huge 20x20!!!!

Hamilton Cabo

I might run 175wt MH over the tank. might have ot change to 14k bulbs to get more par. if i dont like it i might have to do 250watt

IMG 1467 - EMUreef's 90g build!!!!!!
    IMG 1466 - EMUreef's 90g build!!!!!!

These pics are one of the reflectors over my 35g hex... not level and i just kinda tossed them up there so go easy on me lol.

IMG 1469 - EMUreef's 90g build!!!!!!
    IMG 1468 - EMUreef's 90g build!!!!!!

Onto the sump

50g breeder. Got it from reef paradise

Left section is going to be the drain line and the skimmer section. The actual drain from the skimmer is going to spill into the return section, figured it wouldn't hurt

Middle is the return

Right side is going to be the fuge.

060410 2 - EMUreef's 90g build!!!!!!

Shot of the skimmer and the return of the skimmer spilling over into the return pump section.

060410 - EMUreef's 90g build!!!!!!

Fuge side, Reef paradise had this set up as the drain section, im going to take out the class corner thing they had for hte filter sock to open up the fuge section more.

060410 1 - EMUreef's 90g build!!!!!!

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

looks great so far. only thing i see is the skimmer, isn't the outlet part on the skimmer going directly to the return pump area going to cause microbubbles in the tank?

looking as the way its set up i would cut out that glass corner like you said and put the skimmer there and your heater and carbon bag if you run carbon and rock rubble, then second chamber put your fuge area, then there is the bubble trap to the 3rd area which is where the return will be.

just a suggestion, and if the skimmer wont work because of that make an egg crate stand so the outlet on the skimmer can hang over that wall.

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jolson10450 View Post
    looks great so far. only thing i see is the skimmer, isn't the outlet part on the skimmer going directly to the return pump area going to cause microbubbles in the tank?

looking as the way its set up i would cut out that glass corner like you said and put the skimmer there and your heater and carbon bag if you run carbon and rock rubble, then second chamber put your fuge area, then there is the bubble trap to the 3rd area which is where the return will be.

just a suggestion, and if the skimmer wont work because of that make an egg crate stand so the outlet on the skimmer can hang over that wall.
    i like the suggestions keep 'em comming

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

I think what im going to do is leave the skimmer where its at cause it'll leave it in about 10" of water, i would put it in the opposite chamber but if i raise the skimmer up anymore i wont be able to get the collection cup off lol.

ill just move the return of the skimmer back into the first chamber. and put the return in the center, i like the fact of having a bigger section for a fuge.

Bella127 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Pete
    Awards Fantasy Football Champion - 2012 Fantasy Football League Champ Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Do you have any plans of getting an Auto top-off? I may have over looked it in this thread . This will help in keeping the sump water level and not create erratic behavior with your skimmer. Is their room under the stand to put a reservoir? I would suggest The Tunze osmolator or the JbJ ato if you are leaning on the fence. I personally have the Tunze with the only issue being that I just had to replace the feed pump after two years. $20 pump. From preusspets one of our sponsors here at captivereefs.com ( gracious plug)

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bella127 View Post
    Do you have any plans of getting an Auto top-off? I may have over looked it in this thread . This will help in keeping the sump water level and not create erratic behavior with your skimmer. Is their room under the stand to put a reservoir? I would suggest The Tunze osmolator or the JbJ ato if you are leaning on the fence. I personally have the Tunze with the only issue being that I just had to replace the feed pump after two years. $20 pump. From preusspets one of our sponsors here at captivereefs.com ( gracious plug)
    no plans as of yet, there isn't to much room under the stand. Maybe down the road ill add one.

CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

you could remove the front part of the stand and just attach it with 2 hinges on the top so you will have easy access to the filter, and still have the look you are going for. You could put the sticky foam strips around it to help keep it quiet.

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Quote Originally Posted by vittleking View Post
    you could remove the front part of the stand and just attach it with 2 hinges on the top so you will have easy access to the filter, and still have the look you are going for. You could put the sticky foam strips around it to help keep it quiet.
    i've figured out how im going to get into the stand, stay tuned tomorrow at the end of the day you'll see.

CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

making a channell for it to slide out???

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Quote Originally Posted by vittleking View Post
    making a channell for it to slide out???
    no just something simple, i hope all goes as planned if not, im gonna be a sad panda at the end of the day.

Page 2 of 23 First 1 2 3 4 12 ... Last