[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Erik and Rachaels 295 gallon tank build

Bookmark and Share
Page 4 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Erik

So I'm attempting to try and catch a bird wrasse and a fox face in a 225 tank... this will b fun... going to put them in my 55 gallon fr exchange with two clowns that I have had in there forever, 1black and 1orange one will b getting a tank upgrade with some sharks in it. The wrasse and fox face all ways string tank up and fighting with each other.

CR Member
    First Name
    Erik

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Says invalid URL
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member
    First Name
    Erik

I don't under stand y I can not up load picuters of my tank been to this site makes no sense keeps saying failed up load ????????

CR Member
    First Name
    Erik

so ya I don't get it but im done trying says same thing use to never have this problem till now........

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Send a pm to @jimsflies . He's the guru at fixing these issues. What are you using to upload your pictures?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

For some reason, the link above thinks its a video. Were you uploading a photo or video?

I'm not sure what you are doing to know exactly where the process isn't working.

But I will tell you how I would do it (I do know that there are some glitches with the attachment system so doing it differently could be the problem you are encountering).

So, here is how I do it:

1. Go to manage attachments (using advanced editor). This opens the attachment dialog box. If for some reason this doesn't open, you may need to allow pop ups on your browser for CaptiveReefs.
    2. Click on Add Files in the upper right hand corner of the attachment dialog box. This opens up a drop down box.
    3. Then be sure "upload files from your computer" is clicked.
    4. Then click "Browse".
    5. Select the photo you want to upload.
    6. Click "Upload".

At this point the image you uploaded will show up in the bottom of the attachment dialog box under the attachment dialog box. Just say done and it should appear below the message editor in attachments section. Alternatively you can select "insert inline" and it will place the image where your cursor is in the message editor.

Aside from this, the other thing to keep in mind is that images need to be resized to work on the web. If they are too large the system will not upload them. I'd recommend resizing your photos down to ~800x600px and also optimizing them so they aren't larger than 80KB. CR will take larger photos than that, but optimizing photos will help others view your threads better especially on mobile devices.

Lastly, another option is to use a photo hosting service like Photobucket to host your photos. Once the image is uploaded there, under the share settings you can find the URL for the image. At that point use the img bbcode to insert them into your post like this [img]url to image[/img].

It may be helpful to toggle the WYSIWYG editor mode (use the "A/A" button on the upper left hand corner of the advanced message editor) to switch between bbcode view and WYSIWYG view as you are composing your message.

Hopefully this helps!

CR Member
    First Name
    Erik

Name:  1436125611196.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  119.3 KBName:  1436125611196.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  119.3 KB

CR Member
    First Name
    Erik