[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

ETBReefer's 60Gallon

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    ETBReefer05 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Eric

Default ETBReefer's 60Gallon

It is time. This is a new thread for my 60 gallon reef. I am in the process of gathering the additional materials needed to start my 60 gallon tank. It will be a direct transfer from my 30, then I will add livestock over time. I will start with shots of the tank. I bought the tank and stand along with a few Sure Modded Maxi Jets from APerry.

Full Tank Shot (Empty)
    IMG 6293 - ETBReefer's 60Gallon

1.5" Bulkhead and hole for overflow
    IMG 6294 - ETBReefer's 60Gallon

Place for 20 gal Sump
    IMG 6295 - ETBReefer's 60Gallon
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat..."-Roy Scheider as "Chief Brody" in "Jaws"

Ask 10 Reefers a question and you'll get 12 opinions in return.

---ETBReefer05

CableGuy - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Adam

Its a start!!

iyachtuxivm - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jamie

Yeah!!! Lets fill er up!

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Is that a 3' tank?

First Name
    Eric

Inside Dimensions are as follows, 36x17.5x21 and comes out to 57.27 gallons. I just round up to 60. I've never seen a tank of these dimensions, although my experience is somewhat limited. Its basically a 90 Tall with 7 inches chopped off the top. I ended up buying it because it allows me to keep my 36" retros and I can use my custom hood by simply cutting a portion off of the back of the hood and using mesh to cover the 6" difference in the tanks.
    Last edited by ETBReefer05; 09-18-2010 at 08:59 AM.

---ETBReefer05

First Name
    Eric

Little update and a request for reefers in the flint area. Painted the inside of the stand with Kilz latex this weekend, Bought 1.5" plumbing, and sand, got 2 coats of Fusion Royal Blue on the back of the tank. Currently keeping 40ish lbs of liverock alive in a rubbermaid with a heater and powerhead. I am pending on a used Eheim 1260 pump and this is where I ask for help. After I receive my return pump, I would like to ask anyone who has a few hours on a saturday to come and help me switch from my 30 to my 60. I would need help draining the 30 and filling the 60, catching and moving livestock, moving both tanks and both stands in and out of the room. Anyone who helps will get a delicious pizza dinner and other miscellaneous hospitality. Also, anyone involved gets first dibs on any equipment that I will be selling (and at deep discounts over what I would try to get on the forums).

---ETBReefer05

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Wish I didnt pull double shifts saterdays!

Lookin forward to seeing the switch! I just did mine!

First Name
    Eric

Alright, the 60 is being put on delay again. Found out that I will be moving November 4th from Flint To Davison. About a 10 mile move. I plan on moving the 60 on the 3rd, I would rather move the tank early and have a few people help me out that I know can help me that day than leave my tank in an empty house from Thursday to Saturday. This will afford me a good chance to upgrade as well, so anyone who will be available in the Flint area after 5pm on Wednesday November 3rd, let me know! The offer of Pizza and pop still stands!

---ETBReefer05

First Name
    Eric

60 Gallon Update: Spent the weekend researching to build my fish list. An next to a fish species means I already own it. 0 means its something I plan on getting.

X-Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel
    X-Starry Blenny
    X- 6-Line Wrasse
    0-2x Black Ocellaris Clowns (Adding to the 30 gallon this week)
    0-3X McCosker's Wrasse (1x Male 2x Female)
    0-Hi Fin Red Banded Goby w/ Snapping Shrimp (Or Green Clown Goby Instead)
    0-Green or Red Mandarin (When I feel I could keep one successfully)

Any other suggestions are welcome as well. Please advise if you feel that some of my fish choices conflict with one another.

Also, I've decided that the rest of my aquarium money from now til Xmas will be used for these fish/Clean up crew in the 60 and upgrading to LEDs. Please watch the DIY threads for my DIY LED build!

---ETBReefer05

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

i say no go on the mandarin. If your set on the mandarin. Ditch basically all the wrasses.

They love pods too. With 4 Wrasses all your pods will be gone in a few days lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last