[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Finally! A tank to be proud of...

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    nate_newton - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Nate

For the dendros have you tried frozen and direct feeding to there mouths? I'm thinking you have but didn't see it mentioned.

steve&mari - Reefkeeper CR Member

Looking really nice. My sons doin the algae fight right now but slowly gettin there going to point this thread out to him so he can see there is light at end of the tunnel of algae lol and with work you end up with a sweet tank. Keep us updated. Big Steve.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

Thanks Steve and Mari. it was a battle but I loved my tank even when it was ugly,lol. You just wouldnt believe the amount of algea this tank had before. I got tired of reading the same replies to getting rid of algae everytime it was mentioned but in the end, that is exactly what worked.

I have tried direct feeding Nate. It doesnt like the flow of the turkey baster even though it is very slight. It looks like it want to come out but never completes the task. I read about the bowl of food trick and it worked on a previous one. I hate to say it but I wouldnt order any dendros from MR.coral. Both the problematic ones came from them. I have a couple of other colonies that are doing great. I think it has something to do with the amount of time they let stuff heal. I have had them going on a month now though, that is too long to not eat.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

steve&mari - Reefkeeper CR Member

We were lucky and had algae blooms but I busted butt on it n as you said it pays off and we never got badly over ran from it. Times seemed as what I did the night before didn't happen cause in the am it was right back but ya cannt give up. I tell my son that a lot work work work its key to life. Even hobbies take time knowlage cash ect. A sweet tank is a work of art that lives and grows ever changing in it demands and needs. We cannt just toss in few things n poof its done or we wouldn't be so proud when it becomes what we seen in our mind way before it is there for others to enjoy.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

First Name
    chris

True for sure

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

First Name
    chris

I got a nice delivery today. I got some roti's and copepods plus some different micron sized sieves. Food for culturing also. I have been doing alot of talking w/ the lfs owner and basicly anything that I can breed/propagate/culture locally he will pay or trade for. Very good news. He is really fair about the prices he offers too so it doesnt feel like I am getting the bad end of the deal.

Here is also a pic of my new pink streaked wrasse and my original 38-40g tank that I have been working on. it is plumbed together w/ the 80g and 30g sump. The wrasse isnt too shy at all. Now on the 3rd day it is totally in the open and exploring flitting in between the rocks. I was supposed to get 2 of them but after waiting 2 weeks the night before they shipped,one went carpet surfing.

I suppose that is it for today. Oh I am raising my cal again to correct levels and alk too so I can start dripping kalk. Hope that helps out. Both are a little shy of where they need to be. I lost a blue digi to shock I think. It took 2 days to go completely white. Bummer, It was such a nice frag, more like a med sized colony from Happy Coral.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Looking good Cg! Prime example of hard work paying off.
    Reefer beware those red shrooms spread like crazy

There is nothing like being a REEFER!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    chris

Thanks. Yes I have already gotten rid of one rock of them. Those palys are going nuts too. It was just a frag like 2 months ago, now I have to chip some off already. I have had them before and did a good job of keeping that rock seperate from others. Luckily the lfs owner is a good trader and I am stocking a friends tank too.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Those palys are they green implosions? If so I finally got rid of mine. They too were taking over my tank.
    We need to start a thread of what not to put into our tanks.

There is nothing like being a REEFER!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    chris

No those ones are leapard paly's. Very pretty really. I had texas trash before but traded them in. I also have green implosions but have been trading them in a chunk at a time,lol. Need to fund the reef habit.

I wouldnt listen to what not to put in my tank I have read it all about xenia palys and stuff but I still had to try them. GSP wouldnt grow for me and that is one of those weeds.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last