[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Finally got off my butt!!!!!

Bookmark and Share
    shovelhead91701 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Shawn

Cool Finally got off my butt!!!!!

Started on the new 250gal. setup yesterday. Got the walls, cabinet inserts, and the end panels made and stained. I have to wait a few days for some helpers to get the tank set on site before i go any farther.
    500lb. tank + (1) 200lb. man and (1) 110lb girlfriend = no way jose! lol

I am faithfully taking pics and as soon as i can i will put em up! BTW a huge HUGE thank you to Eldiente for posting pics of his set-up to motivate me to one up him! ( I doubt I succeed!)

I hope to be wet within 1 week ya'll pray for me that in two years the new tank hasn't developed a leak while sitting in the wood shop!
    The days are long and the work is difficult but every night I sleep as a man who has achieved his goals.

eldiente - Reefkeeper CR Member

I'm glad to help anytime, and I'm stoked to see some pics. oh, and congrats!!
    Brian
    Twin Falls, ID
    210 AGA
    40 AGA

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

YYYEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH man its about time. cant wait to see this sucker finally, man this has been in the works for a while my friend.
    fulltankshot 1 - Finally got off my butt!!!!!

You must be so excited! Congrats! I can't wait for pics! :-D

PS - Praying with you for no leaks...

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

This the same tank you bought like 2 years ago??????
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

shovelhead91701 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Shawn

Smile

Yes same tank! What about it? lol Give me a break.... I've been busy....lol Been working on the spray bar.( I've never seen one like it) I hope it works cause I spent about $150.00 on fittings at Lowes. lol My theory is that by super-sizing the return pump that feeds the spraybar i should be able to completely do away with any in-tank powerheads. I have the whole tank covered for water movement by using approx. (12) 1/4" ID "jets" that are fed by a 1/2" PVC manifold. With all of the head distance calculated and water flow rates for that pipe and those jets i should be turning about 400 GPH from the spraybar alone and i also will have two 1" PVC returns from the sump fed by a mag 9.5 pump. I will post pics ASAP for all of you guys to critique before i get too far along.
    The days are long and the work is difficult but every night I sleep as a man who has achieved his goals.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

What of it?? Well... nothing... I have no excuse either.

The return manifold sounds pretty slick.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.