[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

How to Hijack a thread.....Tank thread w/ links

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    ereefic - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default How to Hijack a thread.....Tank thread w/ links

Thought the name needed to be changed. :D

Hey folks, sorry i've been MIA around here lately, but I have a good excuse.

We upgraded our 120L into a 210 AGA. I have several threads on the process and i'll link them below, hope you don't mind. If your interested, check it out.

Still some work to be done, but once all is done i'll be more active.

Our 210 upgrade is underway!!! - Reef Central Online Community

210 Upgrade in Progress

reeffreaks.com
    Last edited by Rabidgoose; 03-11-2011 at 09:13 AM.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

That sounds like an acceptable excuse for disappearing Guess if you now have a 210g, now I need something bigger than the 180, time to go shopping!

/ducks and runs for cover from Angel.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

CR Member

I guess it's time to change the tanks listed in your signature to "fricking huge ones"
    The pics on the links look great. Congrats :YEAH:
    We can\'t stop here. This is bat country!

Dan

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

that's one heck of a tank you got there.Should keep you busy for a while,just as long as the upgrade bug doesn't bite again.

tileman - Reefkeeper CR Member

Lookin good Eric, just read the post on RC, Great job, well thought out plan, congrats, and enjoy.
    225g Full reef, 300g total Deltec AP702, PF601S, FR509. 18 months old
    65g reef, Euroreef skimmer, 4yrs old

Quote Originally Posted by davejnz
    that's one heck of a tank you got there.Should keep you busy for a while,just as long as the upgrade bug doesn't bite again.
    The" Upgrade Bug" is a terminal disorder commonly associated with the salt water aquarium hobbyist or "Reefer". Symptoms include the irresistible urge to "go bigger", a glazed/glassy eyed look when seeing a much lusted after coral, a compulsive checking of the wallet for extra money that may suddenly appear, the uncontrollable urge to stand in the middle of the LFS and inform the customers that the staff doesn't know s**t! There are other symptoms (IE. the "duck and run") but these are the most commonly reported by the "Reefer" and his/her loved ones.
    The "Upgrade Bug" also may be accompanied by the "Rescue Response" in which the "Reefer" buys every coral/invert/fish in the LFS just so it won't die from lack of proper care by a fore mentioned staff feeding the "Reefer's" need to "go bigger". The "Rescue Response" also includes returning to the offending LFS on a regular basis to check for any other fish/inverts/coral in need of saving, only to be followed around by the staff, who still don't know s**t, asking the "reefer" to either.. (A) Please leave or..... (B) a myriad of questions on the care of the intended "rescuee". (B) being the "Reefer's" holy grail as then he/she can impart the knowledge gained and in doing so brings another "Reefer" in to the fold thus passing the extremely contagious "Upgrade Bug" on to the next potential new "Reefer".
    Please be aware there is NO CURE for the "Upgrade Bug" or the "Rescue Response" once a "Reefer" has been "infected" the only indication is the SMILE and look of CONTENTMENT on the face of the "Reefer" as he/she gazes into his/her newly upgraded system.
    This was a POA brought to you by Reefers Anonymous. :friends:
    ( hi.. my name is sarah and I have the upgrade bug..... ....)
    ps.. congrats on the new "upgrade"! lol
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

What a fly might hear at the Reefers Anonymous meeting:

Hi ... My name is Shad and I am addicted to my reef tank. :cryblow: My wife says I am out of control and I have to stop the madness. I went one step to far when I turned our daughter's room into a giant aquarium complete with plexi glass door. She says that I can't scuba dive in the house anymore.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ramoth41
    The" Upgrade Bug" is a terminal disorder commonly associated with the salt water aquarium hobbyist or "Reefer". Symptoms include the irresistible urge to "go bigger", a glazed/glassy eyed look when seeing a much lusted after coral, a compulsive checking of the wallet for extra money that may suddenly appear, the uncontrollable urge to stand in the middle of the LFS and inform the customers that the staff doesn't know s**t! There are other symptoms (IE. the "duck and run") but these are the most commonly reported by the "Reefer" and his/her loved ones.
    The "Upgrade Bug" also may be accompanied by the "Rescue Response" in which the "Reefer" buys every coral/invert/fish in the LFS just so it won't die from lack of proper care by a fore mentioned staff feeding the "Reefer's" need to "go bigger". The "Rescue Response" also includes returning to the offending LFS on a regular basis to check for any other fish/inverts/coral in need of saving, only to be followed around by the staff, who still don't know s**t, asking the "reefer" to either.. (A) Please leave or..... (B) a myriad of questions on the care of the intended "rescuee". (B) being the "Reefer's" holy grail as then he/she can impart the knowledge gained and in doing so brings another "Reefer" in to the fold thus passing the extremely contagious "Upgrade Bug" on to the next potential new "Reefer".
    Please be aware there is NO CURE for the "Upgrade Bug" or the "Rescue Response" once a "Reefer" has been "infected" the only indication is the SMILE and look of CONTENTMENT on the face of the "Reefer" as he/she gazes into his/her newly upgraded system.
    This was a POA brought to you by Reefers Anonymous. :friends:
    ( hi.. my name is sarah and I have the upgrade bug..... ....)
    ps.. congrats on the new "upgrade"! lol
    Sarah I think you just wrote the preface for the "Reefer's Bible"

After last night's little venture after work (and leaving behind a lot more $$ than I'd be willnig to admit to), guess the only question left is, where do I have to sign up? But we'll have some pictures to share of some cool new critters tommorrow
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoyah
    What a fly might hear at the Reefers Anonymous meeting:

Hi ... My name is Shad and I am addicted to my reef tank. :cryblow: My wife says I am out of control and I have to stop the madness. I went one step to far when I turned our daughter's room into a giant aquarium complete with plexi glass door. She says that I can't scuba dive in the house anymore.
    We came up with a way to feed both our hobbies! The kid's room's would be a 20x20 reef with glass viewing wall into the living room and a retractible roof for letting in natural light AND a observitory for viewing the night sky with our telescope
    Just think of all the STUFF we could RESCUE! "must go bigger.. gotta upgrade"
    Now if I could just find a contractor to do it! :phone:
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

This thread... although really a hoot, is so darn true. Ramoth, way to be a part of comedy at it's greatest.

Repto
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last