[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Jason's 240g Miracles

Bookmark and Share
Page 7 of 7 First ... 5 6 7
    jduck - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jason

Since there are no longer any fish in display. I am going to focus on some of the corals.
    I had taken the pictures shortly after the last swap when I mounted all the frags in display. I put together a spreadsheet of all the corals and who I got them from and date. This will help keep track of growth, and let me tell them apart. Although I did somehow manage to misplace a frag of aussie gold somewhere. It could be one of the smaller frags in frag tank and just not big enough to show its characteristics.

Left Island
    LeftIslandFront zps0c0d1aab - Jason's 240g Miracles
    LeftIslandLeft zpsb2d24c4e - Jason's 240g Miracles
    LeftIslandtop zpsc31b3bdb - Jason's 240g Miracles

Middle Island
    MiddleIslandFront zps4ea500b5 - Jason's 240g MiraclesMiddleIslandTop zpscbbd170b - Jason's 240g Miracles

Right Island
    RightIslandFront zps105fc96f - Jason's 240g Miracles

1 Original Mummy Eye
    2 ATL Pearl Berry
    3 Pokerstar
    4 Green Fuzzy Unknown
    5 Blue Pearlberry
    6 Raspberry Limeade
    7 Bonsai
    8 Loripes
    9 Ora Miami Orchid
    10 Purple Unknown colony
    11 Ora Hawkins
    12 Fruity Pebbles
    13 Hot Tamalie Milli
    14 Rose Milli
    15 Green Slimer/yellow H
    16 Palmer Blue Milli
    17 Strawberry Shortcake
    18 Yellow with red Polyp acro
    19 Beaker Bob Mountain Dew
    20 Miami Hurricane
    21 Reef Raft Monti
    22 Tyree Pink Sand Dollar
    23 Red Dragon
    24 Pink Lemonade
    25 Steve Elias Stag
    26 Blue Donkey
    27 ATL Strawberry Fields
    28 Purple Haze Monti
    29 Orenji Monti
    30 ORA Red Planet
    31 Sunset Monti
    32 Fruits of Eden
    33 Strawberry Shortcake Acro
    34 Ora Pearlberry
    35 Superman Monti
    36 Ora Cali Tort
    37 ORA Tri Color Valida
    38 Large Purple Chalice
    39 Orange Cap
    40 Chili Pepper Monti
    41 Tyree Neon Green Toadstool

First Name
    Jason

Been a month since last update. Yesterday was the end of week 6 on being fallow. Corals are looking good. Algae did make a small comeback on some of the rocks in display tank. A little vacuuming and addition of more snails seems to have it at bay. Phosphates have been under .09 for the last month. Last night I started running another 5 ml dose of LaCl. I believe that once tangs are added back they will keep most of it knocked down.
    Had some issues with the Reef Dynamics Bio Pellet 135 reactor. The seal on the syncra 1.0 pump was leaking a little bit. Caused some salt creep which I think helped slow the leak. Took it apart yesterday and cleaned it. Now its more of a constant drip. So I've taken it off line waiting on a $5 O ring to see if that takes care of the problem. I've also went ahead and ordered the bigger 250 pellet reactor.

For some reason the dotty back, wrasses and algae blennie disappeared over the last 4 weeks in rubbermaid tub.
    I ordered another yellow wrasse and a couple flame wrasses from LA. They started QT on 4/5 and then I'll get another shipment in when they are done. I will return all fish to DT after May 1st end of week 9.
    Considering 5 anthias lyretail or dispar, 3 Bartlett's, 2 more flame wrasses, pair of Lineatus or Labout's, blue spot jaw fish, midas blenny, Catalina Goby, Dartfish

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by jduck View Post
    Been a month since last update. Yesterday was the end of week 6 on being fallow. Corals are looking good. Algae did make a small comeback on some of the rocks in display tank. A little vacuuming and addition of more snails seems to have it at bay. Phosphates have been under .09 for the last month. Last night I started running another 5 ml dose of LaCl. I believe that once tangs are added back they will keep most of it knocked down.
    Had some issues with the Reef Dynamics Bio Pellet 135 reactor. The seal on the syncra 1.0 pump was leaking a little bit. Caused some salt creep which I think helped slow the leak. Took it apart yesterday and cleaned it. Now its more of a constant drip. So I've taken it off line waiting on a $5 O ring to see if that takes care of the problem. I've also went ahead and ordered the bigger 250 pellet reactor.

For some reason the dotty back, wrasses and algae blennie disappeared over the last 4 weeks in rubbermaid tub.
    I ordered another yellow wrasse and a couple flame wrasses from LA. They started QT on 4/5 and then I'll get another shipment in when they are done. I will return all fish to DT after May 1st end of week 9.
    Considering 5 anthias lyretail or dispar, 3 Bartlett's, 2 more flame wrasses, pair of Lineatus or Labout's, blue spot jaw fish, midas blenny, Catalina Goby, Dartfish
    I have the same reactor,I found the pump could not pull enough water to properly keep the bacteria from dying off in the reactor. I am trying hard to be nice about reef dynamics here. I also have the 250. It also has the same flaw. Sorry. I finally had to install a small rio booster pump to ensure the reactor got suficant water to do the job. If you want to save some cash cancel your order I am not useing mine. I will give you a good deal. I also had issues with leaks too! Good luck and LMk.

First Name
    Jason

Default Jason's 240g Miracles

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    I have the same reactor,I found the pump could not pull enough water to properly keep the bacteria from dying off in the reactor. I am trying hard to be nice about reef dynamics here. I also have the 250. It also has the same flaw. Sorry. I finally had to install a small rio booster pump to ensure the reactor got suficant water to do the job. If you want to save some cash cancel your order I am not useing mine. I will give you a good deal. I also had issues with leaks too! Good luck and LMk.
    I found that the smaller one didn't like to suck the water up very far. Mine was sitting next to frag tank 10" deep. Think the feed tube acted like overflow u tube. It's also also sitting next to skimmer SRO XP 5000 ext. I feed the effluent into air intake stand tube, had no issues with the 2 feet. For now it's sitting in frag tank, received the replacement o ring yesterday. Going to see if that takes care of problem. Considered using it for a gfo reactor or selling once new one arrives.

I received a bunch of fish this last 2 days. They started QT today.
    4 female Hawaiian flame wrasse
    3 female golden rhomboid wrasse
    7 female lyretail anthias

Also have some nice sps frags coming Friday.
    Tierra De Fuego
    Mr pacman
    RR Multicolor Matrix
    RR CJ's Pinky
    Snipersps Pink dragon tails
    240 gal. Miracles, 3x 1.5" Beananimal overflow, 60 gal. Frag tank, 120 gal sump. Skimmer: SRO XT5000 EXT, Return Pump: Reeflow Hammerhead Gold Hybrid. Reef Dynamic Biopellet reactor, GEO 6x12 Ca reactor. Lights: 9x AI Sol Blue. Controller: Apex, 40 gal QT

First Name
    Jason

Super excited, today is the last day of week 8 being fallow. Tomorrow all the fish will be returned to display tank. Hopefully the tangs will attack the little bit of algae that has sprung up in the rockwork.

Somehow some calpura had gotten into the rockwork on RT side island. I'm glad there was much going on over on that side. Pulled the rocks and treating with Chloroquine Phosphate. In addition to being a good treatment for ich, it is also an algaecide. There really is only one longer rock that I plan on putting back in display. I will use what rock is left in stock tank to rebuild the island base. Picking up a large RBTA this afternoon. After it goes through QT will reside there. I also need to transplant my Large tyree toadstool to the structure once finished.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

YAHOOO fish in da tank!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    Jason

After feeding tank this morning. I was working on dipping new corals and found this little guy peering up at me. Must of been some ride through overflow water slide. I see I'm going to have to overflow teeth back in.
    null zps9e70e2a5 - Jason's 240g Miracles

Put the new corals into the tank did have to move some existing frags for better placement
    # 8 Loripes was moved to different location
    # 11 Ora Hawkins frag was exchanged with a larger colony
    # 17 Strawberry Shortcake moved to different location
    # 18 Yellow with red Polyp acro moved to different location
    # 37 ORA Tri Color Valida moved to different location

# 40 Chili pepper monti was removed since I was trying to get the calpura off that rock. It will return once I get the right Island worked out.

9 new coral additions to display tank

11 ORA Hawkins - Larger colony where frag use to be
    42 RR Avengers
    43 Tierra Del Fuego
    44 CC Rainbow Table - in previous # 17 location
    45 CC Cherry Red
    46 Tyree Setosa
    47 Joe Knows Reef Golden Dragon
    48 Tyree Mother of Pearl
    49 Vivid's Rainbow Delight - in previous # 37 location

Frag Tank Additions:
    Tierra Del Fuego
    SniperSPS Mr pacman
    RR Multicolor Matrix
    RR CJ's Pinky
    SniperSPS Pink dragon tails - some reason RTN with 24h

RR Vanilla Sky
    RR Dare Devil - RTN 24 hrs
    RR Red Bull
    RR The Vinh
    RR Stigma
    RR Pink Floyd
    Last edited by jduck; 05-01-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    240 gal. Miracles, 3x 1.5" Beananimal overflow, 60 gal. Frag tank, 120 gal sump. Skimmer: SRO XT5000 EXT, Return Pump: Reeflow Hammerhead Gold Hybrid. Reef Dynamic Biopellet reactor, GEO 6x12 Ca reactor. Lights: 9x AI Sol Blue. Controller: Apex, 40 gal QT

CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

Default .

Wow this is a first class build. You should be proud. Very nice!

Page 7 of 7 First ... 5 6 7