[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

jimsflies NEW Invert Ranch

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... Last
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I'm thinking about moving into the new tank. I dipped a few zoas this morning and moved them over.

I should take a photo.

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Come on Jim, PICTURES!

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

So-

What your saying is-

Your Tank has "officially" come out of the closet, Jim?
    Likes Tom@HaslettMI liked this post

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Finally out of the closet!

I still have some fish to catch and a rack of corals to move over. I haven't moved the apex and osmolator to the new tank yet either.

The aqua scaping isn't too bad for a first pass. But I'm sure it will need some tweaking. Here are a few photos:

Name:  20150518-new-tank2.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  65.9 KB

View from the sofa
    Name:  20150518-new-tank.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  52.2 KB

Inside of stand (still empty)
    Name:  20150518-inside-stand.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  54.7 KB

Leveling feet installed
    Name:  20150518-level-legs.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  97.4 KB
    Last edited by jimsflies; 05-18-2015 at 08:33 AM.
    Likes Tankster liked this post

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Oh wow Jim, scape looks awesome! I'm really liking it

Wish I would have though of those leveling feet. Mines off a bit
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Looking good. I look forward to seeing it once everything settles in and opens up!

Tom

looks like the top left slides out of your stand, is that for your apex?

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Yeah, I'm going to mount all the control equipment and outlets on that slide out...or at least that's the plan.

I moved a few more corals and a fish over to the new tank last night. (Its hard to find time with Noah in Lacrosse...he's had 9 games in the last week.) I still have a large rock that I need to frag off the corals and a handful off green banded gobies that I need to catch and transfer over. Corals were starting to look a little better last night. Hopefully tonight I can get the remaining livestock moved over.

Looks great Jim! I look forward to some updates. I know you have a bunch of cool stuff goin in there!

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

With the crappy weekend weather, I spent some time working on getting all the equipment (top off, apex, etc) moved to the new tank. I was reminded of how many wires my system has as I pulled them from the tank into the back of the stand. With all the home improvement I've been doing, I've become pretty decent at pulling wires...which was a good thing considering the number of wires that needed to be run from the tank into the back of the stand. The top left shelf of the stand definitely isn't pretty in terms of how many wires are in crammed in there but I did manage to mount all the apex equipment on the pull out shelf.

I had the first spill on the carpet next to the tank...didn't realize I had inadvertently pulled the top off line out of the back of the tank. The Osmolator had pumped a gallon of RO water on the carpet before I realize the line was laying on the floor. I will put a zip tie on it so it can't be pulled as easily.

Page 3 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... Last