[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

JMAL 2011 Tank Build

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    CR Member
    Awards Referral Award

Default JMAL 2011 Tank Build

This will be the thread I will update from now on. I'm starting all over due to some unfortunate circumstances but only for the better. With all that I've learned I plan on patience and really saving for a sweet set up.

I'd love all the suggestions you can throw at me and I will work with them. I now am in Sunny Florida and have been to a couple LFS. I am loving the better prices and sweeter selection. I'm guessing that in about 2-3 months I'll be able to start buying the necessities to get things started so until then, I'll be doing homework and saving up the money!!

I'm debating on a custom tank so if anyone can suggest a nice place that isn't super expensive, throw me the info as long as they are not deep blue. I just have a few bad experiences with them so until they get better at making tanks, I won't deal with them. I'm also debating on LED's so fill me in on what you know. I'd still like to do a nice size tank but I think this time around I don't want one that's so deep so I can get a good smooth view from the top as well. I don't know but I'm wrestling with a few ideas.

I'd like to add that if you are a florida native, friend me. I'd like to make some cool friends from out here that are in the hobby. Even if you are not a local, please friend me too. I like friends.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Glad to see ya back!!!

I might be sneaking down to florida here pretty soon...still unsure though, just for a visit though.

Looking forward to seeing another tank of your go up, and stay up!

CR Member
    Awards Referral Award

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Patrick View Post
    Glad to see ya back!!!

I might be sneaking down to florida here pretty soon...still unsure though, just for a visit though.

Looking forward to seeing another tank of your go up, and stay up!
    Thanks Sir Patrick!! It feels good to be back and I'm also looking forward to a new tank build.

Florida would be a great visit and if you head to tampa, I know of 2 LFS's I've been to and recommend. If you are in the Orlando area, my buddy was at this one that was awesome and I can find out the name if you were headed that direction.

I'll keep everyone posted on my finds and progress.

CR Member
    Awards Referral Award

So a quick review on a couple LFS spots I saw this week.

First one I went to is called Creative Aquarium. It's in South Tampa on Dale Mabry, going towards the Airforce Base. If I remember right it's after Kennedy. This place is not real big but he has some amazing looking coral and nice prices. They do have a lot of the stuff you would normally see but I saw a bunch of stuff I only saw online when I was in Morgantown. Frags are nice prices and not super small either. I'd recommend it for sure and the owner, I'm guessing he's the owner, is a nice guy.

Second place I went to is Marine Warehouse Aquariums and they are on Hillsborough in tampa. I'm not sure of the other road it's close to but I do know it's like 2 minutes from Sheldon. This place is also a sweet place to go to. They are a lot bigger than the last place and are pretty much a one stop shop. They seem to have good prices are on tanks/stands, the coral selection was nice and the prices were not bad at all. Some of the larger coral seems to be a bit expensive but I'm guessing that may be the norm for the larger sizes. The staff don't really say much to you or reach out which was nice for looking around and not being bothered but when I did try talking to one of the guys, he wasn't real friendly but he could've been having a bad day. Who knows? I still would recommend it for sure.

Hope this helps out for those who haven't been there and want to. I also want to add that I was in Morgantown, WV where the prices were ridunculous so if you check it out and say the prices are high then point me into the right direction. Thanks!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Make a special thread telling everyone where your at. I do know there's a couple of active members here who live in Florida. Where in, I don't know. But it's worth a shot if I find out who they are, I'll be glad to point them in your direction good luck and stay in touch.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member
    Awards Referral Award

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Make a special thread telling everyone where your at. I do know there's a couple of active members here who live in Florida. Where in, I don't know. But it's worth a shot if I find out who they are, I'll be glad to point them in your direction good luck and stay in touch.
    Awesome Idea! Thanks! I'm going to work on that now. I'll definitely keep in touch.

CR Member
    Awards Referral Award

hey all!!!

CR Member
    Awards Referral Award

Hey all!! I wanted to update you and say my job is awesome and I'll be moving into my apartment in a few weeks. I'm also going to start looking for the new tank. Still up in the air with size but if anything I'll jump into a 75. Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

75 sounds like a good choice.

So- we might see a cycling tank in a month or so?

CR Member
    Awards Referral Award

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by JMALACHI; 03-16-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last