[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

jolson10450's 1g micro pico!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default jolson10450's 1g micro pico!

let me start off by saying the main focus of this tank is to prove to those it is possible to keep a tank with water volume under 1 gallon. the next goal is to make this tank a mini anemone tank with some sexy shrimp. currently i have roughly 8 mini carpet anemones in the tank and soon to be adding a few mini BTA's in there as well (hoping for no chemical warfare)

details:

1g superman shaped tank
    cut out the stock light and put a single 3w cree cool white in it
    air pump

and that is everything equipment wise, looking at getting a heater here soon for it though.

i got some yellow stone polyps in here, some mohawks and some camo palys, and roughly 8 mini carpet anemones currently.

1 margarita snail cleans the tank pretty good.

total water volume for this tank is roughly 1/2 gallon. i have a 4" sand bed and about 3 lbs of liverock in this tank which is the result of about 1/2 gallon water volume.

here are some pictures:

right side:
    2010 11 26161822 - jolson10450's 1g micro pico!

left side:
    2010 11 26161811 - jolson10450's 1g micro pico!

FTS of it on my desk:
    2010 11 26161832 - jolson10450's 1g micro pico!

sorry for the crappy pictures, i will try to get some with my other camera tomorrow and see if i can get some more close up shots.

i am looking into getting some moonlights, mainly the flexible ebay ones, i have them currently and they do a good job but it would add a nice actinic effect to it and a good moonlight to see the true color of the carpets and mohawks etc...

leave me some feedback!

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

Funny. I have the same tank and was trying to figure out what I was going to do in it. Not big enough for a mantis but maybe boxer crabs or as you did, sexy shrimp. Where did you get a singe light from? I dont know much about LED but on nano tuners the other day they have a strip that is sold as a part for 49$ or something, What else if anything do I need to retro that into a 5gal marineland hex? I am guess it has the lights but dont recall seing a plug or anything. I need something really simple and easy to hook up for the hex. Maybe a couple of singles wherever you got yours from.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

I hope there is some chemical warfare!!

The Camo palys vs. One of the nems! Hate to see the camo palys take that tank over!

Sweet idea for a tank! looking forward to where this one goes!

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

i ebay'd the led, it was $6.99 with free shipping for the led, heatsink, optic, and driver that plugs into 120v so i had everything besides the thermal paste and soldering included.

i wouldnt buy from nanotuners i had bad experiences with them. try rapidled.com i have a 5.5g nano and i have a 6 led system above it and its fine for growing anything. i am sure you could get away with 3 leds but it really depends on what you want to grow.

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

Thanks. I will check it out. I likely wouldnt buy from them(nano) just because of the cost factor but I have nothing against them otherwise. The hex doesnt have to be high light I was looking for the color factor as well. It will just have some softies in it for now.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Why such a deep sand bed?

Sent from my iPhone while chasing Forest Gump!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

i just had sand leftover in a bag and it really didnt look like that much, well i poured it in, put the rock in place then filled it up before finally taking a look at it from the front and realizing how much was actually in there, but since everything was in there and water was in there i just decided to keep it lol

whitetiger61 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rick

i would really like to see some better pics of this lil tank

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger61 View Post
    i would really like to see some better pics of this lil tank
    i will try soon, i take a lot better ones on my old phone because it has a macro option, if i get time tomorrow ill switch my sim card out and use that phone to take some pictures and post them and then switch my sim back.

whitetiger61 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rick

cool because this lil tank just gave me an idea..i hate it when that happens..lol

Rick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last