[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

jolson10450's 1g micro pico!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger61 View Post
    cool because this lil tank just gave me an idea..i hate it when that happens..lol

Rick
    how do you think i came about doing this one lol? i got inspired by the dude that had a saltwater tank in a vase! after that i had to make the micro pico lol

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

I looked at the website you recomended and also found a kit on ebay like you! lol. I am not sure if it is the same guy but I wrote them about different colors and they sent me a pdf catalog. His name was boyatech on ebay. They said they could do 460-470 nm blue as well as white which is 6500k or so and the warm white. These will be great for modding my 5g hex cannopy.

I couldnt load it here but they have 3-5-10-20w led sets all included. 5w are about 15 dollars. if anyone was interested look him up or I could mail you a copy of the file. He will create an ebay add for you or do it with paypal for about 10% off.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

First Name
    chris

Oh as far as your little kit went, was it wire on a plug? and there would be a prob wiring about 3 of these in a row would it? as the all have their own little drivers.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

my driver wired one side to the LED and the other to 110v so right to a wall plug, i just simply gutted out the old lid, left the 120 hooked to the switch and just hooked the driver up to the other side of the switch so now the switch in the lid powers the LED on and off, not to sure about running multiples off the same 120 as i am not an electrician, maybe someone else can chime in.

this is the guy i got mine from, here is one of the sets, he only has 1 listed right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Set-3W-High-Po...item53e4f80182

First Name
    chris

ok I will check into it. Here is what this guy has atm.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/5W-White-Led-45-...QQcmdZViewItem

kind of cool that the fan is right in the heat sink.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

that almost looks the same but thats a fan not a heatsink and 5w not 3w

First Name
    chris

I am just saying... I wanted a 5w and it says that the fan/heatsink is one piece.

You dont think 5w will be to hot do you? I wanted to use less pieces and have more light.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

not quite sure, my 3w gets pretty hot but it has no fan just heatsink, the fan is one more thing that could go wrong and one more thing to wire to make it work as well.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

sorry about the late updates, i plan on switching tanks when the nano contest starts and starting over with a 2.5g tank for the nano contest from scratch, in the mean time the livestock in this tank will go into my 29g for holding.

here is a picture yesterday i took of a mini BTA i have in the tank

2010 12 21182313 - jolson10450's 1g micro pico!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2