[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Jolson10450's planted predator biocube!

Bookmark and Share
Page 4 of 4 First ... 2 3 4
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I understand your way of thinking. I just don't agree with what your doing. These animals will definitely be unhappy being housed with each other...how could they not? Nor will they have much room to get away from one another. I know I've said enough and I'll say no more. I do wish you and the fishes the best of luck and pray for the best
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com
    Likes CalmSeasQuest, WillBattle liked this post

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    I understand your way of thinking. I just don't agree with what your doing. These animals will definitely be unhappy being housed with each other...how could they not? Nor will they have much room to get away from one another. I know I've said enough and I'll say no more. I do wish you and the fishes the best of luck and pray for the best
    they will be happy believe me. i wouldn't buy them if i thought differently. if i notice the snowflake getting to big before i decide to move then i will post him or or take him to the LFS but there is a reason why i requested one so small.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

Picked up my snowflake eel on saturday from the LFS. He is about 7" long so the size shouldnt be an issue. he chose to live in the rock to the left in the tank, and the toadfish lives in the rock on the right. here are some pictures:

In the bag:
    IMAG0317 - Jolson10450's planted predator biocube!

in the acclimation tub:
    IMAG0318 - Jolson10450's planted predator biocube!

snowflake pattern:
    IMAG0323 - Jolson10450's planted predator biocube!

Headshot:
    IMAG0325 - Jolson10450's planted predator biocube!

One thing i thought was rather odd is when i added him and he took to his new home he decided to creep into the toadfish's cave, the toadfish opened his mouth up a little bit and so did the eel, the eel proceed to gently bit down into more of a "gnaw" i will say on the upper part of the toadfish's mouth a few times. the toadfish didnt seem phased by it at all and just let him do it. he then slowly left the toadfish's home and went back and has been under his rock ever since. anyone know why this might be?

another thing is the toadfish dug down to the bottom of the tank and slid the rocks down a bit so hopefully that doesnt cause an issue. He does stir the sand around a lot so i constantly have to turkey baste the macros and the rocks to get all of the sand off of it.

The angler, toadfish, and eel all eat both freeze dried and frozen krill. from time to time they will get special live treats. i am very happy about my choices! This should be a fun tank to work with!
    Likes AJ :) liked this post

AJ :) - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    aj

Nice looking eel.

It will be interesting too see how it works out.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jolson10450 View Post
    Picked up my snowflake eel on saturday from the LFS. He is about 7" long so the size shouldnt be an issue. he chose to live in the rock to the left in the tank, and the toadfish lives in the rock on the right. here are some pictures:

In the bag:
    IMAG0317 - Jolson10450's planted predator biocube!

in the acclimation tub:
    IMAG0318 - Jolson10450's planted predator biocube!

snowflake pattern:
    IMAG0323 - Jolson10450's planted predator biocube!

Headshot:
    IMAG0325 - Jolson10450's planted predator biocube!

One thing i thought was rather odd is when i added him and he took to his new home he decided to creep into the toadfish's cave, the toadfish opened his mouth up a little bit and so did the eel, the eel proceed to gently bit down into more of a "gnaw" i will say on the upper part of the toadfish's mouth a few times. the toadfish didnt seem phased by it at all and just let him do it. he then slowly left the toadfish's home and went back and has been under his rock ever since. anyone know why this might be?

another thing is the toadfish dug down to the bottom of the tank and slid the rocks down a bit so hopefully that doesnt cause an issue. He does stir the sand around a lot so i constantly have to turkey baste the macros and the rocks to get all of the sand off of it.

The angler, toadfish, and eel all eat both freeze dried and frozen krill. from time to time they will get special live treats. i am very happy about my choices! This should be a fun tank to work with!
    "One thing i thought was rather odd is when i added him and he took to his new home he decided to creep into the toadfish's cave, the toadfish opened his mouth up a little bit and so did the eel, the eel proceed to gently bit down into more of a "gnaw" i will say on the upper part of the toadfish's mouth a few times. the toadfish didnt seem phased by it at all and just let him do it. he then slowly left the toadfish's home and went back and has been under his rock ever since. anyone know why this might be?"

I cannot believe your asking this question! Why would you think this odd? Two species that would never encounter each other in the wild and here you just throw them into a little box and expect what? Did you not say you knew what your doing? I'm saddened your having FUN at their expense
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    "One thing i thought was rather odd is when i added him and he took to his new home he decided to creep into the toadfish's cave, the toadfish opened his mouth up a little bit and so did the eel, the eel proceed to gently bit down into more of a "gnaw" i will say on the upper part of the toadfish's mouth a few times. the toadfish didnt seem phased by it at all and just let him do it. he then slowly left the toadfish's home and went back and has been under his rock ever since. anyone know why this might be?"

I cannot believe your asking this question! Why would you think this odd? Two species that would never encounter each other in the wild and here you just throw them into a little box and expect what? Did you not say you knew what your doing? I'm saddened your having FUN at their expense
    miz, no offense but if you have nothing nice to say on my tank thread then please keep things to yourself. i did research, i know what i am doing. i just have not seen this before and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen. i thought it was rather neat, regardless of where the fish is from, if it was his neighbor at sea at one time i think he still may have done it, you never know. i do know they have poor vision and he was eating goldfish and krill which are both orange so with the poor vision maybe he thought the toads upper lip was a piece of krill and tried to eat it.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

not much has changed in the tank, got a little bit of algae i am working on but everything is going good. all of the fish and the eel are fully switched over to freeze dried and frozen krill now so i am very happy about this. i will try to get some more close up pictures of each soon, i can already see that the angler has grown almost 1/4" since i got him a month ago!
    Likes WillBattle liked this post

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

Well.... I guess i spoke to soon, yesterday i noticed my toadfish with a cloudy eye and he would not eat. His skin is starting to deteriorate as well so i dosed antibiotics last night in hopes that he makes it. bad part is i work all day today so i am just crossing my fingers he is OK when i get home. the angler looks fine and is active and the eel is fine and active, not sure what happened with the toadfish other than the snowflake kept going into his cave recently and ****ing him off causing him to make sand storms so maybe he got to stressed out from that but im not entirely sure. i am having my water checked tomorrow, i currently dont have a test kit on hand anymore but it could also be due to water quality (i use RODI and dose mb7 so not sure it is this)

Page 4 of 4 First ... 2 3 4