[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Ksfulk's Reef Tanks

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    ksfulk - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Kris

Default Ksfulk's Reef Tanks

Evening all -

Ive been an avid fish keeper for twenty years and have finally made the "leap" into marine tanks about five years ago. I started out with a 10 gallon tank with some sand and rock and a few ornamental shrimp, after a year or so, I really wanted something that was less bulky and unwieldy, so I went with a Oceanic 29 gallon Biocube. This worked well for a while, but the limitations on both coral and fish size made for a lot of day dreaming and the constant want for more. Luckily, even though my wife hates "those gross crusty things" in the house, she's let me continue to upgrade and I was able to finally find a great deal on a 70 gallon bowfront tank. Thats has been my main tank for about three years with the BioCube making a come back from the depths of the garage and turn into a new main floor tank (the big one has been designated for dungeon (basement) duty). Here's some shots from the tanks in all their incarnations, ranging from when I was new and stupid (which is evident in some of the fish selections) to today when I was finishing some maintenance on the tanks and thought I would get a few new shots.

Bio Cube Reboot October 2013
    IMG 0239 zps4bb8b251 - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks
    IMG 0235 zps91124789 - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks
    IMG 0227 zps0869d05e - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks
    IMG 0244 zps445148fb - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks

BioCube Reboot April 2014
    IMG 0873 zpsb76bd786 - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks
    IMG 0883 zps2316b4ad - Ksfulk's Reef TanksIMG 0875 zps0ea2f8c3 - Ksfulk's Reef TanksIMG 0884 zps1004bbd0 - Ksfulk's Reef TanksIMG 0881 zps3a8815d5 - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks

70 Gallon Reef Tank (Jan 2012)
    IMG 0648 zps5df59696 - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks

70 Gallon Reef Tank (Nov 2013)
    IMG 0816 zps21ea9e22 - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks

70 Gallon Reef Tank (April 2014)
    IMG 0887 zps7090a074 - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks

Random Goodies from the 70 Gallon

IMG 0903 zpsd7d01d1c - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks
    IMG 0890 zps8de98026 - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks
    IMG 0888 zpsdf5c21ac - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks
    IMG 0892 zps3d61637f - Ksfulk's Reef TanksIMG 0899 zps9f784f53 - Ksfulk's Reef TanksIMG 0901 zps9be079c6 - Ksfulk's Reef TanksIMG 0896 zpsf7ad9d35 - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks

Clicking any of the pictures will take you to the photobucket album that has many more pictures, I just didnt want my first post to hog a ton of bandwidth!

Anyhow, Im really happy to have found an active forum that has people interested in the same things I am, and are in "relatively" close proximity. I was able to attend the A2Swap earlier this year and Im really looking forward to attending more events in the future.

Questions and comments are encouraged and welcomed! Thanks for looking and Happy Reefing!

-Kris

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Welcome to CR Kris! Thanks for sharing your pics. They're both fantastic reefs!

Do you ever get babies with your bangaiis?

First Name
    Kris

My cube pair aren't spawning yet... I'd guess its a few more months before they are ready for that kind of commitment, lol.

The male in my 70 gallon was/is a champion father, but his lady fell victim to a power outage last fall (my only loss!), but they spawned regularly, and I was able to sell a few tank raised banggais last year.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Your tank is beautiful! Very well scaped What is the name of that plant life? I really like seeing that in a SW tank. I'm hoping to add some green & red into my new build
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    Kris

Thanks! The plants are dwarf turtle sea grass and while they are apparently difficult to get going, it nearly took over my tank! I had to pull 95% of it out and I'm still pruning out nuisance pieces every few weeks.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Great looking tanks!

What type of lighting are you running on the 70 gallon?

Tom

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ksfulk View Post
    Thanks! The plants are dwarf turtle sea grass and while they are apparently difficult to get going, it nearly took over my tank! I had to pull 95% of it out and I'm still pruning out nuisance pieces every few weeks.
    Thanks for that info-lol. Love knowing what to stay away from!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    Great looking tanks!

What type of lighting are you running on the 70 gallon?

Tom
    Thanks! The 70 has a manually adjustable set of LEDs that I purchased from Mothers Reef in Kalamazoo. They don't have a manufacturer or anything, so I assume they are Chinese. But I run the whites at 45% and the actinics at 30%, otherwise it nukes everything in the tank. It's hard to see in the picture but there's a green open brain that's been highlighter yellow on the bottom of the tank for two years now, lol.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ksfulk View Post
    My cube pair aren't spawning yet... I'd guess its a few more months before they are ready for that kind of commitment, lol.

The male in my 70 gallon was/is a champion father, but his lady fell victim to a power outage last fall (my only loss!), but they spawned regularly, and I was able to sell a few tank raised banggais last year.

Keep me in mind if you get some babies.

First Name
    Kris

Default Ksfulk's Reef Tanks

yby8eneb - Ksfulk's Reef Tanks.

New addition to the big tank tonight. Gold maxima from liveaquaria. First time I've attempted a clam with leds

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last