[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Manoj's 60G Mixed Reef

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 36 First 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... Last
    iyachtuxivm - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jamie

pretty sure its cyano. Having a little bout of it myself. Chemiclean works wonders but follow the directions. Or/and figure out the food source ie your expanded feedings. Also could try some purigen thats what I am going to do this week.

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

i love the pink and green i guess it is a milli. and the green zoas with the speckles

sorry about your algae. can you put your zoas up off the sand in a rack for awhile? seems like it would help but i dont know.

the red slime remover does work but like said above follow the directions.

First Name
    Manoj
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner Tank of the Month

Guys, I am traveling and have very limited access to internet, I will be back Friday. Please keep providing me your valuable inputs.

First Name
    Manoj

Quote Originally Posted by Werdlone View Post
    Manoj,

Your tank is looking awesome...well on its way to be a true showpiece! The algae may be green cyano or (even worse) dinoflagellates. Usually dino's are a slimy light brown and the bubbles are connected by strings, but it still could be dino's. I know slime algae, cyano, is usually deep red or black/green, but I have read that it can be green as well. I have used red slime remover in my tank successfully, but it will make your skimmer go nuts for a few days. I have used it after I did a water change and sucked out as much of it as possible first. Added the red slime remover and turned off the skimmer. After 2-3 days I did another water change and turned the skimmer back on.

If it is dino's, the lights off technique works, but stresses the corals. Turn your lights off for 3 days..make sure there is no sunlight or ambient light from the room that gets in. cover the glass if needed. After 3 days, start with the actinics for a few hours the first day and SLOWLY add more lighting hours until you are back up to your normal schedule. I did this in the past, it worked, but I turned lights on too quickly and bleached a few sps. good luck!

BTW...what are these called?
    47a0d835b3127cce98548cbe8d4700000035100AcMWTRm4YsmIg - Manoj's 60G Mixed Reef
    Hi Andy,

I tried the lights out twice it puts a dent but does not eliminate the problem. May be I need to give it one more attempt. Those zoas are called chronos might.

First Name
    Manoj

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    Hey Manoj, I can't find the article right now but I think it may be dinos too. Once I find the article, if I remember elevated pH for a few days with take care of it, however very risky as you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by iyachtuxivm View Post
    pretty sure its cyano. Having a little bout of it myself. Chemiclean works wonders but follow the directions. Or/and figure out the food source ie your expanded feedings. Also could try some purigen thats what I am going to do this week.
    Rob and Jamie, I tried to treat it for cyno but have not tried any chemicals yet just the natural way. May be I need to try it. What has been your success rate on this one also what is purigen?

First Name
    Manoj

Quote Originally Posted by cg5071 View Post
    i love the pink and green i guess it is a milli. and the green zoas with the speckles

sorry about your algae. can you put your zoas up off the sand in a rack for awhile? seems like it would help but i dont know.

the red slime remover does work but like said above follow the directions.
    The pink is hot pink digi and the green is ATL pink tulip. I have tried that but the algae covers the rack as well so it does not help.

First Name
    chris

that sucks, lol about it covering the rack too. there have been times that i have to scrub frags with a toothbrush every few days.

purigen is a little bag of resins. about 17$ and you put it in a hob or sump and it treats 100gal. it is also rechargable. when it turnes brown you clean it in bleach and use a chlorine remover after and put it back. i just bought some myself about a week ago so i dont know the results yet.

First Name
    Manoj

I started Microbacter7 today, lets see if It can reduce the nutrients to kill the algae. I am hoping to see some improvements in 1 week time. Will keep you guys posted.

First Name
    Manoj

Did the second day of MB7 , yet to see some difference. Will keep you all posted.

First Name
    chris

are you doing vodka too? or just the mb7?

Page 3 of 36 First 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... Last