[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Manoj's 60G Mixed Reef

Bookmark and Share
Page 4 of 36 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... Last

First Name
    Manoj
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by cg5071 View Post
    are you doing vodka too? or just the mb7?
    Just the MB7 at this time, I am talking the approach of wait and watch.

Werdlone - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Tank of the Month

Just stick with the MB7 for now. The vodka is just nutrient, which you are trying to diminish. just so people know..red slime remover is a simple antibiotic. The same stuff you get from your family doctor...it is erythromycin. It will kill the cyanobacteria, but does not affect the beneficial bacteria in the tank. It just makes skimmers go crazy...so, people should not be afraid to use it in sps tanks or other coral tanks. let me know when you are going to frag the chronos paly!!!!!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I've used Chemiclean Red Slim Algae remover and it worked wonderful-no I'll effects on my tank at all-I also wouldn't be caught dead without a bag of Purigen in my tank-I'm positive this lead to my winning battle over the dreaded HA issues I was having-my tank is now HA free!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    Manoj

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    I've used Chemiclean Red Slim Algae remover and it worked wonderful-no I'll effects on my tank at all-I also wouldn't be caught dead without a bag of Purigen in my tank-I'm positive this lead to my winning battle over the dreaded HA issues I was having-my tank is now HA free!
    I will try the current route, if that doesn't work then i will go the route of chemi clean and purigen. I am yet to do my reading on purigen

First Name
    Manoj

Quote Originally Posted by Werdlone View Post
    Just stick with the MB7 for now. The vodka is just nutrient, which you are trying to diminish. just so people know..red slime remover is a simple antibiotic. The same stuff you get from your family doctor...it is erythromycin. It will kill the cyanobacteria, but does not affect the beneficial bacteria in the tank. It just makes skimmers go crazy...so, people should not be afraid to use it in sps tanks or other coral tanks. let me know when you are going to frag the chronos paly!!!!!
    Thanks for the info Andy, I will let you know when I frag them. Currently I am getting rid of some of my mini zoa colonies. Nightmares 11p , PPE 4p , magicians 4p, darthmaul 5p. Let me know if any interest you.

Werdlone - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Tank of the Month

Wow, those are all great ones!! I just got some magicians and I hope they settle in. I just had a bad alk swing in my tank about 2 weeks ago and my tank is still recovering...so I'm waiting a bit to add anything. I bought the magicians right before the semi "crash" and so far they are doing alright. I'll be in touch..we need to do some trading

First Name
    Manoj

Trading sounds great. I need to replace some of my sps.

First Name
    Manoj

Today morning I started my dark cycle, I hope the bacteria dosing in combination with the dark cycle should help reduce the nutrients to kill the algae.

Usually I do a 24/48 hr this time I plan on doing 72 hrs. And if this does not do the trick then I will go for chemiclean.

Also plan on changing bulbs. Not because they are old but I have some kind of suspicion that aquascience 22k is not helping the situation. I will move back to ATI Blue+

First Name
    Manoj

The dark cycle finished this afternoon. The situation has improved but still I see the green layer, I am hoping that it will get better as I am dosing mb7.

Not sure if you guys knew, but due to a bad elos kit , my sps started showing alk burn and then STN. The STN is propagating/ed to all of my sps and now about 75% of my sps are gone over a 3week period. I am hoping the three colonies that are left out will not be affected. But I am not sure , I am mulling over the fact that I might be better off trading it for softies.

Let me know if any one would be interested.

- Soft ball size of ORA tricolor
    - Soft ball size of 20k lokani
    - base ball size pink birds nest

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Manoj sorry to hear you continue to have issues after the alk. When I was over I thought for sure you were on the rebound and on the road back to "future TOTM" status. I hope know one takes you up on your trade offer and things get better for you and your awesome tank. Good luck my friend.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Page 4 of 36 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... Last