[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Miz's 26 Bowfront

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 117 First 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... Last
    Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    I found whats going to be my first Anemone! Check it out!!

http://www.petsolutions.com/storefro...ryAnemone.html
    That is a cool looking anemone. But be aware that its non-photosynthetic (NS). Some NS corals are extremly difficult to keep. You may want to post this one in the NS forum to find out as much as you can about it.

Tom

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I did a little research on it -it's to mean for me it's a stinger and with my hands always in the tank-no thanks. But it sure is beautiful right besides I think it would eat my gobys if given the chance
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

if its just something you have to feed and baby its all good but a fish eater. . . no thanks

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

UGH!!! I have to come up with another way of making my water~30' of airline tubing+attached to a tap ro unit+20g mixing bin=1 1/2 hours of waiting=what a freaking pain!

Please let me win the lottery so I can buy an ro/di unit. Sis and I are going to move some furniture around so I can finally start setting up.

Looking at all these corals for sale is killing me~especially now that most of them I'll be able to keep.

I had my lights running yesterday so I could see how they were programed. Blues came on at 8am off at 8pm~daylights on at 10am off at 5pm~lunars from 8pm til 8am. Those are the stock lights~haven't put the new lamps in yet. Saving the best for last

Thinking about where the best place would be to set up the tank is also driving me nuts. There's 2 big windows facing East and West and the only real place to put the tank is on a northern wall, which is off centered. I need fine lines. Perfectionism issues at their worst

I'm liking the substrate I got. Been visualizing how I'm going to utilize the fuge. I can also see where the return is going to make some noise but am going to use the baggy remedy (that I learned from the thread: Tips you might not read in a book) Thanks to CalmSeaQuest for starting that one

So here I sit waiting and waiting and waiting~thinking thinking thinking about what all else I'm going to need/want.....

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Anyone got ideas for what to put in the intake chamber of my fuge? Carbon? A sponge? Phosban? ChemiPure Elite?

whitetiger61 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rick

Jamie..try some cheato or other form of marco algae..you will need a little light above the fuge but it works great for nutreint export..

Rick

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

I am going to be adding a bunch to the main part of the fuge-along with a piece of LR from my 8g-got some nice copods living in it-makes a nice start to the fuge don't ya think?

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Sounds like a great start!!!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Well since I'm tired of waiting for a stand and not sure when that's gonna happen, I just started curing my LR in a 20g bin. I so wanted to do it in-tank. Less work that way.

I was going to use the stand from my 75g. Thought it would be pretty cool to have more room on each side of the tank. But I gave the 75g to my son and he wants the stand too. Go figure, lol. Of course he's going to want the stand, what the heck was I thinking
    Anyways I spent the better part of the last two days shopping Manards and Lowes with no success.

My patience are running thin, I want my tank up!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Yahooooo! Found me a sweet little table at Vinny's for $28. Then went to Lowes and got a 2x6x8 tie, cut in half therefore giving the table an extra 6" lift. Total hight with tank 44". Perfect sit down eye level

So the tank is on it's stand, rock is curing in a bin (with a bag of carbon of course)

Page 3 of 117 First 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... Last