[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

My 20g Frag tank

Bookmark and Share
    EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Default My 20g Frag tank

Alright well a couple months ago i picked up a 20b for free to use for a frag tank. I put it off for awhile as i didn't have the funds. About a month ago i made the stand for it to house all my electronics for the main display and made the stand to fit the frag tank so when i was ready i could set it up. The thinking is to just have it drain into the main system.

sold a few things, made a few bucks.. and managed to get a few things out of the way that i needed.

today i picked up lighting, a DIY 4 bulb t5 set up, i'd say it'll be perfect for it as the tank is only about a foot tall or so.

was going to upgrade my return to a quietone 6000 and T it off one to the display and one to the frag tank. Well the person selling the light also had a quietone 3000 so i picked that up so the frag tank would have its own pump.

just need to get a power head and some plumbing and it'll be time for water.

Gonna keep it bare bottom and probably going to get a Blue Glow frag rack of some sort.

Tank doesn't have an overflow, but dont need one cause nothing is gonna be in the tank.

tank will consist of zoa's, sps and some rics/yumas. SPS mainly when it comes time to frag them.

IMAG0087 - My 20g Frag tank
    IMAG0088 - My 20g Frag tank
    IMAG0090 - My 20g Frag tank
    IMAG0092 - My 20g Frag tank
    IMAG0091 - My 20g Frag tank
    IMAG0089 - My 20g Frag tank

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by chort55 View Post
    Well what ya waiting for put some water in it and get it goin bro
    ran short on funds lol just need plumbing and a powerhead i think im gonna go with a 660 gph tunze

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Quote Originally Posted by chort55 View Post
    I totally understand man..... planning on going new or used on that tunze??
    i'd like to get one used but i've been searching 4 different forums and apparantly they are never for sale as a used item...

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Nice frag set up. I have one question and one suggestion...

How are you going to drain water if your not going to have an overflow?

You should check to see if Preuss has any used Tunze pumps. I see them there regularly. They might even ship it to you.

Tom

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Nice frag tank.

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    Nice frag set up. I have one question and one suggestion...

How are you going to drain water if your not going to have an overflow?

You should check to see if Preuss has any used Tunze pumps. I see them there regularly. They might even ship it to you.

Tom
    im gonna do a durso for a drain, dont really need an over flow, i know it'll drain a lil more water but my 50b sump will be able to handle the extra water if there is a power outtage

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

welp might of found a used one just gotta wait for a response to see how much it is.

i found a tunze 6045 nano stream which is closer to 1000gph for 50$ shipped, which isn't bad considering its 80+$ online, and even the one im lookin for the 6025 is aboue 60$ online.

so hopefully i can get the 6025.. which im waiting on for about 30 shipped..