[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

MY 80 gallon tank build

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last
    bigbill - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill
    Awards Grow Out King - 2011 Grow Out Contest Photo of the Month MBI Participant

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    Those are some funky dimensions! By my calculations its 84.6 gallons.

Regardless, I can't wait to see if full of ocean life!

[TIP]Be sure to use the inside measurements to calculate the volume.[/TIP].
    yea i am a dum dum there where out side measurement

First Name
    Bill

ok going to go with a 30 to 40 long sump now witch light is better to use t5 our MH would like to no pros and cons of bouth not to worries about heat as this tank will be in the basment and its cool down there year around
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin
    mbisite.org/mbi_sig.aspx?u=bigbill&img=2

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

I prefer the cheaper to run and for the most part more pleasent colors of T5- but really depends on your budget and what kind of corals you plan on keeping.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I'm following along on this one Bill-as I too some day hope to upgrade my 8g nano to my 75g that's sitting in storage
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    Bill

going to mostly lps and sps and i plan on keepinf angals in this tank dont no if that matters
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin

First Name
    Bill

well wont be keeping angels this will be a tank for my marrons if and when they pair up heres some new pics cleaned out and ready to be drilled tryed to take it sat but wouldent fit in the car got to find some one with a truck to take it up there

IMG 2081 - MY 80 gallon tank build

IMG 2082 - MY 80 gallon tank build
    Steve Irwin

First Name
    Bill

i am going to run t5s on this will this 216W 4ft 4 lamp 54W High Output T5 be a nuf light for the tank
    Steve Irwin

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Depends on the corals your wanting to keep. Most LPS and softies should do fine-not to sure on the SPS.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

I would think you will be ok with sps too. It isnt that deep of a tank and you could keep some higher up if needed.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

First Name
    Bill

well i finale got off my butt and took the tank to be drilled today went with an 1 1/2 inch drain cost me 19 bucks for the hole and the 1 1/2 bulk head will be done thurs going to pick up a 40 galllon long for 30 bucks on fri witch i will be useing as my sump this tank is finale starting to come along will post pics when i get the tank back and if any one knows where i can get a good price on a over flow box plz post still need the box
    Last edited by bigbill; 08-24-2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Steve Irwin

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last