[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

My new build

Bookmark and Share
    lngliv3 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tim

Default My new build

I will start with the tank.. Thanks to Sir Patrick for selling me a 50 gal tank.
    I built a stand and canopy. I am going to use my current 29 gallon tank as a sump/fuge. The stand I built is totally custom. I have made it with all thoughts of improvements already.The ease of maintenance of the sump/fuge is made by removing the front and side pieces as one unit.I am still seeking out the sump/fuge plans or recomendations.I am getting a glass holes overflow 700 gph. The return pump is still open thinking a mag 7. I have plumbed the return, in 3/4in pvc tee'd off to both ends of the tank with ball valves to monitor return flow. I will be swapping all of my current tank to the new tank. My plans at this time is to use all of my current lighting heater with the addition of another 150 watt heater as a back up the heaters will be placed in the sump. I will be using my current cpr bak-pak filter/skimmer untill I aquire my new skimmer ... Now for the pics ....
    newtankandstand1 - My new build
    tank072 - My new build
    tank070 - My new build
    tank096 - My new build
    tank095 - My new build
    tank098 - My new buildtank104 - My new buildtank103 - My new buildtank105 - My new buildstand - My new build

tank099 - My new build
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes MizTanks liked this post

First Name
    Tim

Ok I got my glass holes 700 gph overflow kit on saturday . I marked out the hole location for my overflow no chip outs ... It was easy..
    overflow - My new build
    I mixed up 25 gallons of water tossed a heater in and a powerhead . I drained the tank removed all the rock and then the fish. broke down the 29 and moved it out . Moved in the new 50 gallon tank and stand.put the sand in then filled the water put the live rock in and the heater .I put my corals in left the fish in the hospital tank for the night so the tank could clear up . The morning came and all was good transfered the fish back into the tank all are happy ...
    bigfishtankpic - My new build
    Now its time to work on my sump I hate to scrape all the coraline off the walls but it has to be done. getting the glass cut this week.I hope to build my sump/fuge this weekend. more pics to come
    Likes MizTanks liked this post

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Awesome build!!! What fish you got in there?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    Tim

Two true percs coral banded shrimp a blue chromis I lost one chromis due to the netter being a little agressive .... Kids they gotta learn some time... I cant complain my son Austin helped me out so much with the swap.

First Name
    Tim

Thanks fellow reefers ...
    I know I need more live rock ... Prolly another 20-30 lbs...