[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Poseidon's NEW Adventure!

Bookmark and Share
Page 40 of 42 First ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Well, I closed on the house!!!!

I am now the proud owner of a HOUSE! The sellers are not going to use the 30 days they asked for either, I will get possession of the house 1 week from today, May 23rd! I am VERY excited, I have been planning this for a LONG time. No more apartments or townhouses for me, I am finally getting into a place of my own.

I have not decided on an actual move date yet, but I have to be out of the Apartment by June 13th. I have a lot of work to do getting ready for the move in. The Carpet in the house has to go, it will be replaced with a laminate floor, and I am going to paint the living and dining rooms as well, before I move in.

The timing really couldn't be better, I have the first week of June off from work for a Vacation.

So far I have picked up some supplies for painting, and the PAINT. I went to Home Depot, picked out a couple of colors, and boom done. No back and forth, no what if's just BAM I am choosing THIS COLOR. LOL It was fun.

When I have a date in mind, I'll fly a help wanted (needed) flag, as moving the tank is quite the ordeal, and the more people I can have help, the better, especially experienced reef people, that know what to do. :D

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Congratulations on the new house! The tank is looking real good too.

Tom

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Thanks Tom! It has been a bit of a bumpy road getting to the house, but now that I am (nearly) there, I can't wait to get started. :D

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Small update, I have been crazy busy on the new house over the last week. Saturday a good friend of mine Nick and I ran 2 lines from where I want the tank to the basement. Sounds easy enough right? Not so much. The tank is on an addition to the house, no access from the basement, and get this, no crawl space either. There is any a couple of inches between the bottom of the joist, and the concrete floor that used to be the garage. There was a few unexpected obstacles, and some crappy 2" hole saws that made the job much harder, not to mention the furnace and duct work that were in the way to being able to access the holes. I am very glad that I am over 6ft tall, or this would have been a truly impossible task.

So, 2 1.5" PVC lines, and a string to be used to pull my Apex wire have been run in preparation for the tank move. Today, I will be finishing up the new floor hopefully, moving the bulk of the apartment to the house tomorrow, with a tank move scheduled for late in the week. :D

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Good luck! Sounds like a big job. Another reminder of why I like all-in-one tanks.

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Floor and paint are just about done. All that's left is the floor trim. The tank move got pushed back, I'm hoping for Sunday, but that's a stretch goal. I've been on vacation all week, I've never worked this hard at a JOB, much less a Vacation. Grrr

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Well, the tank made it to the new house. I had some challenges, I'll detail them later. Here are. A couple quick pictures

. 50a3fe97b3193604d82175583607d30c - Poseidon's NEW Adventure!

1ba72f2c11135151d22eedc59d3bf932 - Poseidon's NEW Adventure!
    Likes MizTanks, Tom@HaslettMI liked this post

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Had my tank catch fire, in the middle of the night one time, so I notice things sometimes.

I wouldnt trust that power strip over your tanks plumbing like that for any longer than you have to.

I would hate to hear that you had an accident in the new home.

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Thanks Chris, that is very temporary.

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Well a LOT has happened since my last update. There was some pretty serious health issues that I conquered, I lacerated my spleen tubing, the bed rest to heal the spleen resulted in a DVT (blood clot), and finally SHINGLES. (Brought on by the stress of the previous 2 events according to my doctor. I am finally HEALTHY, and happy too!

Ok.... Done with the boring stuff, on to some pictures.

Here are a few pictures from running the plumbing, 2 1.5" PVC lines under the floor. Good thing I ripped up the carpet and put down a new floor otherwise the tank would have had to been located somewhere else.

Large Image Linked to Load Page Faster (1603 kB)
    From the back to front, that is hole cut to the size of a heat vent, where the plumbing comes up. If I ever move out, I can drop a vent in there and plug the hole.

In the middle is a hole cut for securing the PVC to a floor joist. That hole was also used for access to join the 2 pieces needed to get to the basement.

Closest hole was cut because there are 2 joists, about 8" apart that I had to cut holes in. This was a BIG job, about 8 hours, and 3 hole saws later, I got this:
    Large Image Linked to Load Page Faster (1381 kB)

The black line is for the Apex, the orange line is not in use, it is there for power should I need to take the tank off the circuit in the dining room I can. The twine is there to pull added electrical through the floor. So far, I have pulled 2 Cat5 lines in addition to what you see here. The first was for the Apex internet, the second for Apex controlled dimming of my LED's.
    Likes Tankster liked this post

Page 40 of 42 First ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 Last