[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Poseidon's NEW Adventure!

Bookmark and Share
Page 38 of 42 First ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

I know Joe! I've never had this type of issue before, in 30 years of keeping a tank, 20 years of Saltwater.

Mike - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Looks Really Good

The tank looks awesome Mike!!!
    anacroporamademepoora
    --Lifetime member of the "No Mud Club".:
    Likes Poseidon liked this post

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Thank you Adalius.

I picked up a couple dozen Astrea snails today, from the Trop. I took my girlfriend with me, Amanda was really impressed with the SHARKS!
    @jimsflies cursed me at the MMMC meeting a short time ago, this tank has had a rather substantial population of Astrina stars, I never noticed them eating eating any corals. Jim mentioned to me, that one I had brought in as a hitchhiker to the MMMC meeting was a "bad one" that eats Zoas. I get home from the meeting, and no kidding, there is a little star eating away at my Black Cherry paly. ARGH!!!

So, I go to removing the ones I can see, and in about 10 minutes time, I have pulled out 63, yes 63 stars!

I have pulled an additional 15-20 since then as well, I was very tempted to get a Harlequin Shrimp today, but passed as I don't want to start buying stars for food once this are gone. Manual removal will continue daily until I get the population in check. The snails are to replace the stars that I have removed, I am sure the stars were eating a significant amount of algae, along with a Zoa or 10.

Also, I have ordered a few more parts to get my CaRx running, a pH probe holder that fits inline with my recirculation pump, and some nylon screws/nuts. I was also able to find some scrap acrylic to replace the 7x7 square that I ruined with my first attempt.

My list is shrinking for the reactor project. I think the last thing I need is a feed pump, and that recirc pump. Maybe I can find those at the upcoming swap in Lansing.
    Mike I have a killer reactor that has everything you need just collecting dust! Even the 60# of media and the Co2 tank! LMK if your intrested

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Hey Chuck! I'll give you a call in a couple days, I have some busy days ahead.

MightiesKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Ryan

Hey Mlike, The tank looks great. On your pump issue... have you looked at out the your places electrical equipment. Like is the outlet wired properly, is there a main ground, are they to many outlets on a breaker, is the outlet getting voltage spikes. I could not imagine that many pumps going bad as being just bad luck.
    I get bored easily and change fish and tanks like some people change shoes.

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

I placed an offer on a house on Tuesday evening, they accepted my offer last night!

I will be moving, sometime in June I imagine. 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, and a BASEMENT! Very exciting time for me, I can't wait!
    Likes Tankster, binford4000, Sir Patrick liked this post

Seph - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Joe

That's great mike. Let me know if you need help moving when the time comes.

Congrats on getting the house

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Another trip to Preuss' today, and another great time! This is the first time that I was able to take corals in for trade since I set this tank up, and I was very happy with the results.

I was able to replace that suspect return pump, this time with a Sicce Syncra 4.0, it is about 1/2 the size of the Ocean Runner, and it pumps twice as much. The pump is SILENT too, no noise, no hum, nothing. It is a quality piece for sure, hopefully it ends my return pump curse.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Congrats on the house Mike!! That is a sweet pump,I do hope this cures the issue. Very strange how this system eats pumps?? But sounds like it grows coral well!!

Page 38 of 42 First ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... Last