[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Shovelhead's 250 Gallon Deep

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

How are things going? Did you get the house dried up and everything in order?

On to more happy thoughts......what kinda clams to you plan to keep?
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

BK's Reef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead91701 View Post
    Well I screwed up big time last night...... I was gonna run a little ro/di water into the sump while I plumbed in the chiller I bought off Mike. Long story short I left it on all night and even with my sump designed to hold a lot of extra water in case of power failure I flooded my dining room and living room...... The worst part is all the runover and extra water dropped my salinity to 1.012. Corals are closed up looking pitiful but fish seem allright so far. Except I haven't seen any of my mandarins all day. Shopvac'ed till I was worn out and got dryers blowing on the carpet right now so the house will survive and hopefully the creatures will too. I have been bringing the salinity back up by added small doses of salt to the sump (after draining the excess fill water). once salinity is back up I will start testing for everything else(parameters). Wish me luck!
    man that sucks, when i fill some ro water for the family i cant use the float valve cuz my mom doesnt like grabbing it out of the rubbermade tub, anyways ive had a few floods but nothing big because its in my unfinished basement right by the washer and when it floods the drain is right by it. but i have had flooding in my room a few times but nothing to big a good 5 gallon max. good luck man!
    "reefing sure takes up your money...but it is the best money ive ever spent!"

http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/marine-fish/bks-90-fowlr-8632/
    ^^^90 Fowlr thread

shovelhead91701 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Shawn

Just tested out
    0 nitrates
    0 nitrites
    8.4 ph
    400 ppm calcium
    I'm outta test for alk so I gotta go get some today!
    1.021 spec. gravity so I am gonna creep that up with extra salty top off water for a few days to ease it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    How are things going? Did you get the house dried up and everything in order?

Got it dried up but the carpet has that mildew smell... gonna try cleaning it with quat first but may have to dip into the coral kitty and replace the living room carpet. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

On to more happy thoughts......what kinda clams to you plan to keep?
    I actually had a deal going for all of dentdominator's collection but since he had the same issue as me well that is on hold for now! I still call first dibs once he has everything back in shape if he still wants to move them though ;-)
    The days are long and the work is difficult but every night I sleep as a man who has achieved his goals.

First Name
    Shawn

Default I've been busy!

I have been busy working on the tank for the past week and a half in the evenings. Here is my list of missions accomplished!

1.Replaced the waterfall super sump pump with one of my mag 9.5's to tone down the return rate

2. Built an electrical control panel to switch EVERYTHING that requires electricity

3. Built (2) 10 LED arrays with blue LEDS and resistors to run as "moonlights"

4. Mounted aforementioned LED arrays to my MH pendants

5. Installed a Tunze 6200, a Tunze 6100 and a Tunze 7095 controller for the display tank

6. Finally installed and started up my ASM skimmer in the sump(pulling up nice semi-dry really REALLY stinky skimate after the first hour or so)

7. Added a few pieces of coral (2 brains, a huge colony of aussie that I am not sure yet on ID, a nice sized colony of clove polyps, a nice plate coral)

8. Replaced my RO filter membrane and also replaced my DI media on my filter and cleaned up the plumbing on said filter(it looked like a bowl of spaghetti)

9. Sat and watched my tank for hours.............SIGH............

Pics to follow but right now I am TIRED!!!!!!!! lol
    The days are long and the work is difficult but every night I sleep as a man who has achieved his goals.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Nice work Shawn! You've been busy. Makes me think I should post my list of things I knocked out this past week or two. Keep up the great work, and ya pictures are cool. But not as cool as that new avatar!!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

First Name
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    and ya pictures are cool. But not as cool as that new avatar!!
    what is sad is that pic is not me but looks eerily like me in high school.... I still have the haircut though... can't let the mullet go.

First Name
    Shawn

Here are some pics of my work performed!
    newtankpics9 10 2010002 1 - Shovelhead's 250 Gallon Deep

newtankpics9 10 2010008 - Shovelhead's 250 Gallon Deep

newtankpics9 10 2010010 - Shovelhead's 250 Gallon Deep

newtankpics9 10 2010012 1 - Shovelhead's 250 Gallon Deep

newtankpics9 10 2010007 - Shovelhead's 250 Gallon Deep
    Last edited by shovelhead91701; 09-11-2010 at 01:49 PM.

CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

great looking setup brother!!!!

First Name
    Shawn

Thanks! I think, not too shabby for a tiny little hole under the stairs....lol

First Name
    Shawn

Default Redneck "moonlight" LEDs

I know i will catch some flack over these but what do you expect from an Okie using a few cheap LEDs, some acrylic scraps, acouple wallworts and some resistors....lol

ledsetc002 - Shovelhead's 250 Gallon Deep

ledsetc001 - Shovelhead's 250 Gallon Deep

newtankpics9 10 2010003 - Shovelhead's 250 Gallon Deep

I am not trying to light the aquarium with these! Just wanted a nice soft blue glow at night instead of a blacked out tank with a pinpoint of like from the Tunze controller's LED on my top rock.

You can't really tell from the pics either but all the bare wiring and solder joints have been "dipped" in liquid electrical tape to insulate all the bare spots.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last