[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Sir patricks work in progress-

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 40 First 1 2 3 4 12 ... Last
    Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

My concern is not with warping but with access and ease of use. It looks like you won't have access to the sump and DT at the same time. I store all of my tools, food and dosing stuff in the stand so I usually need access to both. I don't know if that will be possible with this style of door.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

I see what you are saying.

The doors are completely removeable. You can pull them completely out and set them aside. Its pretty much a 2x4 stand after removal. Then when you are done working, they can be slid back into place. Front, sides, and back.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Patrick View Post
    I see what you are saying.

The doors are completely removeable. You can pull them completely out and set them aside. Its pretty much a 2x4 stand after removal. Then when you are done working, they can be slid back into place. Front, sides, and back.
    Ahh, that make more sense. Not sure why I didn't figure that out myself. Not having any metal hinges or handles will be nice. I need to replace my hinges soon since they're rusting away.

Tom

First Name
    Chris

A day late, (or 5 months late, depending on how you look at it) but got the stand and canopy stained and 1 coat of polyurathane. Still need a coat or 2, but here is the pic-

video003 - Sir patricks work in progress-

Started with light oak, added some mohagany and cherry, along with some leftover seeling deck stain, and this is the color I came up with. Color came out perfect for what I was looking for!

Next step- the sump!

Tom Toro - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

That's a good looking shade, Chris. I like it.
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

135g down and given to a buddy. New pic after the wall is repaired.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Default Re: Sir patricks work in progress-

Looks good, your the Bob Villa of fish tank stands!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Fishgeek88 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sam

Looking good!

Werdlone - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Tank of the Month

I've been looking over your thread...what kind of ballast do you have for your metal halide??? I have 3 phoenix DE bulbs that are 1 yr use that you are welcome to have. they are supposed to hold spectrum for 18months but lose about 30% of output at 18months. If you are looking to figure out what lighting you want,this is a freebee!!! 6 months of good bulb left. If you have an hqi or electronic ballast. let me know.

As far as the front panel of your stand for access...plywood would be your best bet to not warp, but at 1/4" it will warp with the moisture regardless. Put some doors on, that overlap the frame by 3/8". Most hinges are made to overlap 3/8". Pretty easy to make some doors...just my opinion.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Sir, Tim the tool man would be proud! Stand is looking awesome. In the bottom of my 75g stand I have these little moisture absorbing packets. You can get em in all sizes. I get mine from Lowes/Menards.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    Chris

Update a month later...Im finally picking up my new tank the day after tomorow (monday). Thought I was going to have to look back into used tanks, then found a suitible tank-

Brand new 65 gallon breeder w/ overflow. Was planning on dual overflows, but this tank will have to work. 2 more days, and I will have picture updates.

Page 2 of 40 First 1 2 3 4 12 ... Last