[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

First Name
    Scott

Default Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

Tank was first filled July of last year.

We were going to do an Elos Mini (bought the tank and everything), then started aquascaping it to quickly find out it as just too small. We decided to go a 60g tank. Originally this build was going to be LPS and clams but now will be all NPS.

Tank Stats So Far:

Tank: Miracles 60g - 36" x 22" x 18" (L x W x H), starfire on front and both sides. Black back and internal overflow with single 1" drain and 3/4" return line. Black Silicone, glass is about 7/16" thick.

Sump: Standard 15g Glass Tank, bubble trap with baffles

Stand: I built it, 2x4 stand skinned with 1/2" plywood, paiinted with oil based paint, gloss white to match our upstairs trim. There is a removable front that I am in the process of painting.

Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC7 Cone In Sump Skimmer

Return Pump: Eheim 1250, just enough to turn it over, rest of flow will be intank

Intank Flow: Two Vortech MP40 wES

Lighting: Single 12" Aqua Illuminations Module, this will allow for a few LPS without lighting the whole tank and potential issues for the NPS. Light tree was DIY using come 1/2" conduit and some paint.

Auto Top Off: Tunze Osmolater and a 5g glass tank reservoir under the stand

Ca/Alk Control: DIY Two Part Dosing with Drews Dosing Pumps - Considering Eliminating - Not Hooked Up

Rock and Sand: Rock is all Marco Rock that has been cut and epoxied together, roughly 30 lbs. Sand is Carib Sea Special Sea Floor Grade - 40lbs 'seeded' with 10lbs Aragalive.

Here are a couple quick shots from before I put the water in:

IMG 0353 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless
    IMG 0352 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless
    IMG 0351 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless
    IMG 0354 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Few Pics From Back in September:

IMG 0522 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

IMG 0523 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

IMG 0520 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

IMG 0521 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

IMG 0364 1 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

IMG 0365 1 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Few pics from today:

IMG 0905 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

IMG 0906 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

Minebea:
    IMG 0907 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

IMG 0902 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

IMG 0901 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

IMG 0903 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

Male Ventralis Anthias:
    IMG 0910 1 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Awsome NPS tank Scott!!!

First Name
    Scott

Tank runs about 68-69 degrees year round, no chiller. Just very low electricity use and rimless.

I have an auto-feeding mini fridge setup I will get pics up of as well. Been a fun tank and love the NPS corals!

First Name
    Scott

Here are a couple shots of the auto feeding, mini fridge. The design has been copied from the big NPS experts. It utilizes an Avanti fridge (most energy efficent - under 60 watts), bubble magus triple head doser, kent venturi. I then hooked in a 25 watt UV sterilizer because I prefer to run UV on all my systems. The water leaves the sump via the return pump, flows through the UV, then into the fridge where the venturi is and then into the display tank. This way the foods being dosed are going straight into the tank.

IMG 0925 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

I am automatically feeding Reed Mariculture / Reef Nutrition products - Shellfish Diet 1800 (phyto mix), Roti-Feast and Oyster Feast.

IMG 0926 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

cephalotus - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by tanglovers View Post
    Here are a couple shots of the auto feeding, mini fridge. The design has been copied from the big NPS experts. It utilizes an Avanti fridge (most energy efficent - under 60 watts), bubble magus triple head doser, kent venturi. I then hooked in a 25 watt UV sterilizer because I prefer to run UV on all my systems. The water leaves the sump via the return pump, flows through the UV, then into the fridge where the venturi is and then into the display tank. This way the foods being dosed are going straight into the tank.

IMG 0925 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless

I am automatically feeding Reed Mariculture / Reef Nutrition products - Shellfish Diet 1800 (phyto mix), Roti-Feast and Oyster Feast.

IMG 0926 - Tanglovers NPS 60g Rimless
    Thats just sweet.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

nice autofeed system! that is just nuts but i love it at the same time! takes some hard work and dedication to do something like that! very nice!

CR Member

Great looking tank! A project I would really like to try someday!

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

I love the little fridge feeder! Wow such a neat tank TL. Love it!! Thanks for sharing.

First Name
    Scott

This tank is by far my favorite system I have had to date (including the new and settling in 520g display, 950g system downstairs). It is just so different and fun. Can look at doing inverts and corals once considered impossible to keep!

The mini fridge auto feeding setup is quite simple really and means I do not have to feed by hand multiple times daily.

Thanks for the compliments on this! The fridge is located in our closet behind the fish tank so as a result you do not see any of it from the living room where the tank is at. Also the fridge is super quiet so though it is in the closet of our bedroom you never hear it.

First Name
    Scott

I copied the whole mini fridge idea from a couple of the very experienced non-photo guys online. Aquabacs, Uhuru and Steve Weast are the main people responsible for the design.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last