[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Sweetpea's 90 Gallon Project

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Since this tank was my (early) Christmas present, I had to take appropriate measures. Here is the tank, in all its glory, ready for the holidays:

My husband was more anxious than me to get something in this tank. I have had a Tomini tang in QT for several weeks now, thinking he would be the 1st fish in the new tank, but boy was I ever wrong! My husband made his first fish purchase:

For those of you who wanted to see the "ugly" side of the tank... here ya go:

Here is a photo of interest. My husband is in awe of how small everything looks. That is a 50" television and a 9' tree in the room. EVERYTHING looks tiny, lol!

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

Looks awesome. Thanks for the update.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Amazing how well the relatively 'cheap' Coralife skimmers perform.... The room really looks nice, the tank doesn't dominate the room, but bet with the lights on it has to draw your eye quickly in person.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

I am extremely pleased with the skimmr's performance, and the price makes it that much better! If the skimmers weren't so big, I'd put them on the nanos!
    I like the tank's place in the room. It can't help but attract attention, but it seems to "fit" nicely. As for the lights, now I understand the appeal of the MHs and the shimmer effect. Very attractive!
    We are going to try to get our corals moved over from the 20g and add the tang this weekend, but first I have to go pick up some eggcrate. I am not going to add the hogfish at this time because he is still pretty small, and I'm afraid he would fit through the overflow all too easily.Marlin will be one of the last fish added, as he has gotten pretty big and is quite the "spirited" one!

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

wow very very nice i would love too see some more pic of that cool sump
    :: hummer :nemo

I'll see about getting more nasty sumps pics for ya!

Yesterday: I moved over the tang and the hog to the 90g (yes, I changed my mind! ). They are doing really well. The tang is the copperband's shadow... he follows him everywhere. The hog is having a blast exploring all of the caves, nooks, and crannies! We picked up a 2" blue tort frag and a handful of chromis (now in QT). Lights aren't on yet, so pics will come later!

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

re read the whole thread again and wow that is one nice tank and husben you got there .....

have a few ? like ... what are the specs on the pumps,sumps

and witch ways do the floor joyses run and ps...you look like you have a gourgeus home
    :: hummer :nemo

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last