[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Synergy's 12gal zen nano

Bookmark and Share
Page 12 of 13 First ... 2 10 11 12 13 Last
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

You got it going on with those little shelves. Pretty dang sweet if you ask me. Can't wait to see them in tank
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Did you happen to take any full tank shots at the end of May?

Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Did you happen to take any full tank shots at the end of May?
    Sure did. Uploading them now! Sorry for the delay.

Pictures

Will start with a couple FTS. You cant see a couple of the frags/colonies because of their location, this is definitely a tank where you need to view it from several different angles to really appreciate it. I managed to keep my hands out of the tank for over a week and things really began to take off. Lots of new polyps from almost all the different zoas and plays.Really excited to see how things will look in a month or two!
    1840 cimg3882 - Synergy's 12gal zen nano

1833 cimg3845 - Synergy's 12gal zen nano

Took some pics from different angles to try to get all the frags.

From the right side.
    1832 cimg3855 - Synergy's 12gal zen nano

Left side.
    1841 cimg3860 - Synergy's 12gal zen nano

Top right.
    1826 cimg3901 - Synergy's 12gal zen nano\

Top front.
    1827 cimg3899 - Synergy's 12gal zen nano

And a random picture I had that I liked. The purple deaths look much better down on teh sand than when I had them high on the rockwork.
    1828 cimg3832 - Synergy's 12gal zen nano

Random Tank Thoughts:

Might use the fake rock shelves I bought to try some easy SPS instead of using as a frag rack, thinking like a monti digi or plate.

The RPE I have are getting a more purple color since I moved them up higher, looks nice but I think I am going to frag a piece off to keep lower to get the deep red color.

I moved a frag of the "peanut butter cup" zoas that are on the sand up higher and closer to the koralia nano a month ago and the changes have been remarkable. They are getting a lighter color and the skirts have definitely gotten longer. Its a pretty cool change. Seeing how much zoas can differ just based on location in a single tank really has to make you wonder about all these zoas with different names that look almost identical.

Ordered another Koralia nano to add to the tank. I really like the look of zoas with long skirts and am going to see if the increased flow will help. Since they are controllable I plan to but them on a wavemaker to get some good random flow.

Its been a fun few months building and documenting this process. Hope you have all enjoyed it as much as I have!

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris

I have enjoyed it immensly!! Love this little zoa tank!

2pairs - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jim

I think it is a great learning setup, finding out how zoa's develop at different levels and current.

Any chance of getting this thread moved to the members aquariums section? Going to keep this thing going and figure people might like to see how it got started!

First Name
    Chris

Moved-

Any chance of an update? Hows this tank running along?

Thanks for the move Sir Patrick.

Tank is still up and running. This heat has taken a toll on my little tank though. Living in a house without a/c and the closed lid the tank has been running above 82 basically all summer. Temps have gotten up to 90 degrees at some points. Was using fans to try to keep things cool, but then the problem was with temp swings. Had a really difficult time keeping things stable, and the corals started to show it.

Last weekend I was out of town and had to leave the tank alone for a few days, came back and everything was closed up. High temps caused some xenia to melt. Did a huge water change, added some carbon and bought a chiller! Picked up a used 1/10 HP chiller for $100. Slowly brought the tank temp down to 79 over a couple days. Tank hasn't budged from 79 since. Corals are responding great. A few of the frags have opened up completely, others part way, still waiting on a few. I'm thinking most everything should pull through. I really should have bought a chiller sooner, stability is so key on these little tanks.

First Name
    Chris

Good idea investing in the chiller! Glad to see the tank still rockin along.

Page 12 of 13 First ... 2 10 11 12 13 Last