[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 21 First 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... Last
    tcp316 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Vicki

Well, this afternoon, Big Mike (Poseidon) came over and built my ATO kit for me. I now have a 15 gallon reservoir holding my ATO water separate from the water source being pumped into the sump from an Aqualifter pump. One to let the water fill and one to stop it when it gets too full. Yay!

Thank you Mike. It wasa great of you to help me out. Your kids are precious.
    I hooked my RO/DI directly to a Brute can with a float valve in to keep clean water. It has a cut off switch that I can switch to off when the Brute can is full. This way I can pump it into my mixing can when I am ready instead filling buckets and pouring them into the can. No more lifting 5 gallon buckets at all!

Always learning, loving this hobby.

First Name
    Vicki

Well, I got a Tunze Calcium Dispenser in this week. I bought a few plumbing parts today to try to figure out how to hook it all up.
    Also, I had fun today. First of all, I got Great news is after seeing the oncologist today and discussing my reservations about my lungs, he agreed to cancel the radiation. I feel so relieved!
    So, I made a trip out to Farmington Hills where my grandchildren live and stopped into see the Binfords. They had graciously offered to give me some frags to help me get my tank back on track and growing. I enjoyed visiting with them so much. Very gracious people. Their tank is beautiful. I also am partial to the same type of Corals as Mrs. Binford. GRIN.
    So Sir Patrick gave me some frags earlier in the week and this evening they gave me some very nice frags so i will posting pictures probably tomorrow after everything looks happy. If they are still unhappy with the move I will wait a few days.Things are moving along nicely.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Wonderful news all the way around!! You couldn't have been in better company thats for sure! Looking forward to seeing the new corals
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com
    Likes tcp316 liked this post

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by tcp316 View Post
    Well, I got a Tunze Calcium Dispenser in this week. I bought a few plumbing parts today to try to figure out how to hook it all up.
    Also, I had fun today. First of all, I got Great news is after seeing the oncologist today and discussing my reservations about my lungs, he agreed to cancel the radiation. I feel so relieved!
    So, I made a trip out to Farmington Hills where my grandchildren live and stopped into see the Binfords. They had graciously offered to give me some frags to help me get my tank back on track and growing. I enjoyed visiting with them so much. Very gracious people. Their tank is beautiful. I also am partial to the same type of Corals as Mrs. Binford. GRIN.
    So Sir Patrick gave me some frags earlier in the week and this evening they gave me some very nice frags so i will posting pictures probably tomorrow after everything looks happy. If they are still unhappy with the move I will wait a few days.Things are moving along nicely.
    It was very nice meeting you and we both hope you enjoy the frags. Sounds like it was a good day for everyone all in all. Looking forward to seeing the pictures now !

First Name
    Vicki

We left the house this evening around 6:15 and didn't get home until 8:45. Came home to a house without any power! Arrrrgh! Power came on within 10 minutes of getting home. I looked at the temperature and it was down 2 degrees which told me it had probably been off almost the whole time. Everything looked pretty unhappy. Corals & fish. I checked my timers and sure enough it had been off for 3 hours.
    The fish have perked up. The corals never opened up completely after the power outage. Hopefully, they will be happy tomorrow! So I did not get to take pictures yet.
    I am grateful power came back on when it did.

First Name
    Vicki

I snapped a few shots with my phone. They are not very good pictures but you can kind of see what I have added to the tank. The frags on the plugs are still unhappy and my Duncans were opened up fully but I moved them down a little and attached them to a rock so they are not opening fully at the moment. They Trumpets are not open fully either.

20130126 115434 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

20130126 115319 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

20130126 115227 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

20130126 115215 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

20130126 115201 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

20130126 115137 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

20130126 125541 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

20130126 125421 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

20130126 125333 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

20130126 125324 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread
    There is a chalice here but I don't know if you can see it very well.

20130126 125314 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

20130126 125154 - TCP316's 70G Cube build thread
    Last edited by tcp316; 01-27-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Likes Sir Patrick, MizTanks liked this post

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Beautiful! Things don't look that unhappy I personally have a lot of experience with keeping the Green Implosion Palys ( 6th pic up top) or should I say with trying to keep them in check. They can become very invasive and most corals don't stand a chance against them. They will choke out those beautiful lil zoas that are in the same rock. They have the nasty habit of releasing themselves and finding new spots, thus them becoming invasive and they grow quickly I've also read that they have a slight sting.
    Keep the pics coming!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

The eagle eye's look very happy and the raptors are looking like they are recovering nice. The pink zippers and devil armor will come around I am sure. They we're just cut the night before you came over. The blue tip stag and orange cap look good and should do great that close to the lights. The devils figer and green singulara look like they are recovering for just being cut ! How did the gorg do ? Tanks looking good !

First Name
    Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Beautiful! Things don't look that unhappy I personally have a lot of experience with keeping the Green Implosion Palys ( 6th pic up top) or should I say with trying to keep them in check. They can become very invasive and most corals don't stand a chance against them. They will choke out those beautiful lil zoas that are in the same rock. They have the nasty habit of releasing themselves and finding new spots, thus them becoming invasive and they grow quickly I've also read that they have a slight sting.
    Keep the pics coming!
    Yeah, those survived my tank crash. I have them on a separate rock. They are tucked in the hole and I need to move them back to the ground so they won't attach to anything. Thanks for reminding me. I left them when I just didn't have any corals but it is time to move them

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    The eagle eye's look very happy and the raptors are looking like they are recovering nice. The pink zippers and devil armor will come around I am sure. They we're just cut the night before you came over. The blue tip stag and orange cap look good and should do great that close to the lights. The devils figer and green singulara look like they are recovering for just being cut ! How did the gorg do ? Tanks looking good !
    Thanks again for everything. You and your wife are very generous. Do you think I put the Singulara and Devil's finger in the right place? They are down low on each side of the structure. I don't know if you can tell from the pictures.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

[/QUOTE]Thanks again for everything. You and your wife are very generous. Do you think I put the Singulara and Devil's finger in the right place? They are down low on each side of the structure. I don't know if you can tell from the pictures.[/QUOTE]

They're not picky. Just as long as they get some flow. The more the better. They do like light but it looks like they're getting enough. I would just watch em and see how they do. You'll know if they're happy. And you are welcome. Kat is glad you are getting things back to normal. Good luck

Ps. The Duncan is doing great !

Page 3 of 21 First 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... Last