[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Titus's In-Wall 110 build

Bookmark and Share
Page 9 of 9 First ... 7 8 9
    CR Member

GFO and Carbon on-line.

201209051804541 - Titus's In-Wall 110 build
    Likes AJ :) liked this post

CR Member

Tonight I replaced the stock AquaticLife 10k bulbs with the new ATI Aquablue Specials to go along with the Blue+ bulbs I installed last month. First I should note that prior to the bulb change, the tank looked more blue tonight than it ever has before. I attribute this to the addition of the carbon and GFO last night that has removed the slight yellow tinge from the water. Now that the 10k AquaticLife bulbs are gone and the Aquablue Specials are in, the tank appears a tad more purple than before to my eye. I am not sure If I like it... it may take a bit to get used to. I am curious if my wife will notice the change when she gets home.

CR Member

After way too long of a wait, the tank's first finned resident has moved it.

20120918120605 - Titus's In-Wall 110 build

20120918120714 - Titus's In-Wall 110 build

CR Member
    First Name
    Chuck

Beautiful first addition. Your tank has come along nicely.

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by chazde3 View Post
    Beautiful first addition. Your tank has come along nicely.
    Thanks... I am very happy with the Bristletooth. I am really amazed with the coloring that the lights have brought out in her, and I am shocked at how quickly she adjusted to the tank. In QT, she was very jumpy and would hide in her PVC pipe at the slightest movement in the room. Sticking the hose in the tank for a water change would lead to complete loss of color, and remaining in the PVC for hours. I expected a similar reaction from her when she went into the display, but instead she was exploring the entire 8' of tank and picking at rocks for algae less than a minute after going into the tank. Walking right up to the tank does not affect her behavior at all, and she showed no reaction to the lights coming on.

CR Member

Tunze osmolator installed. Now that I have ATO, I think I will pick up some Lime.

CR Member

Small update that i forgot to post... Last weekend I installed my ventilation fan for the sump closet. With door closed and vent fan on the low setting, the sump fan cools the tank quicker than having the door open before, so it works great. It blows fresh air into the closet, and I can feel the air escaping under the door as well as in the access pipes above the tank. It is no longer warm and humid in the Sump closet, so I am calling it a success. I am toying with the idea of running it off of the APEX so I can cycle it on and off, but it is quiet and only draws 55w. According to my math, that means it costs me $3.68/mo to have it on full time. I'm not sure it is worth it to save $2 a month by running it part time.

20121020140802 - Titus's In-Wall 110 build

Page 9 of 9 First ... 7 8 9