[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Tankster's 40g Mantuary

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... Last

Default Tankster's 40g Mantuary

I'm baaaack.......after 4 years out of the hobby I've decided to get back in. @jimsflies new thread inspired me to start one too. Here is the beginning of my Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 40g courtesy of @choir .

Name:  20150321_181910.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  23.1 KB

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Are you going to have a stripper pole in the mantuary?
    Likes guzzlo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Are you going to have a stripper pole in the mantuary?
    Think that would be the end of the mantuary. I'll have to continue to visit yours for those activities.
    Last edited by Tankster; 04-03-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Awesome! Welcome back. I took the mantuary to mean your stocking plans include a manatee.

Tom

man·tu·ary
    1. An area of a (usually shared) residence where a male can enjoy his hobbies independent of normal house rules (usually of orderliness or cleanliness.) From "man" + "sanctuary".
    2. A place where a man can go to get away from the world, more generally a place where your wife and your mistress are not. It can be a permanent structure such as a special room in the house (commonly a basement)or could be the fishing boat.
    3. An area or activity that men congregate to let it all hang out with out being called disgusting. A place where men can freely scratch their balls, burp, fart and use foul language without having to worry about who they will offend.
    4. A location where a man can be alone without certain distractions and gather his thoughts.

Example - After a 60 hour work week, Geoff decided to retreat to his mantuary. That way he would not have to listen to his wife Elisabeth b*t*h about the lawn.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Welcome back man

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Welcome back @Tankster
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Welcome back, what are your plans for the tank?
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

lighting: Ecotech XR15
    return pump: Eheim 2000
    water movement: VorTech MP10wQD
    controller: Apex
    ato: Tunze 3152
    skimmer: Tunze 9004
    heater: Eheim 150W
    going to run chaeto in one of the rear chambers

here is a preliminary stocking list:
    pair black & white clowns
    goby/pistol shrimp pair
    banggai cardinal
    blenny (orange spot)
    orchid dottyback

monti (sunset or superman)
    ricordias
    duncans
    torch
    zoas - rastas, sunny d's, bam bam's, fruit loops
    green slimer
    blue millie
    red planet
    rbta?
    Last edited by Tankster; 12-04-2015 at 11:44 AM.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I'm planning to put mangroves in the back of my new tank. I have had them in the old tank for a few years now. I have found the mangroves easier to keep happy than chateo and not as invasive as caulerpa. Plus, they just use the tank lighting and ambient light to grow as opposed to a separate fuge light. I think they look cool growing out of the back of the all in ones...but I'm sure not everyone would agree. If that appeals to you at all, let me know and we can go in on an order. I'm planning to go with bigger mangroves from the start (~20-inch)...last time I started with pods.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... Last