[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Webs 75 build thread

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default Webs 75 build thread

This build is more of a redo than an actual build. Moved from Redford twp to Canton at the beginning of this month. Tank is currently running at old house and running back to the old house twice a week to top off ATOs is getting to be a pain. So, on to the details. Tank is an Aqueon 75 gal drilled tank, stock 1" down with 3/4" return. Return line is split into 2 return nozzles at overflow box. Return pump is a Mag 7. Lighting consists of an 8 bulb t5 fixture currently running 6 ATI bulbs (more on that later). Skimmer is a Reef-Octopus SRO-3000 internal, got rid of the bubble blaster pump and replaced it with a tunze hydrofoamer 9420. Flow is provided from an MP-10 and MP-40 synched up. Also running a phos-ban reactor filled with bio-pellets fed by a Mag-5 pump.

Just finished staining a custom stand that will accomodate a 50 breeder for a sump inside. Pics of the stand will come later. Should have the 50 breeder with baffles tomorrow. If all goes well, I will have baffles installed and cured by Monday next week. At that point, I can start making water at new house and transfer everything over later next week.

Question for those in the know, thinking about gradually replacing the t5s with leds. Are the sunbrite 48" lamps that much better than the 48" stunner strips???? At 2x's the price of the stunner strips, you would think the sunbrites would make me coffee in the morning. Need input on these please. Thinking about mounting them into the t5 fixture as a canopy for the tank is not in the plans for now.

Thanks for reading.

Web
    Likes Sir Patrick liked this post

CR Member

Pics of the stand

DSC00164 - Webs 75 build thread

DSC00163 - Webs 75 build thread
    Last edited by jimsflies; 06-05-2012 at 05:31 AM. Reason: fixed bbcode

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

I'm looking forward to the progress on build/redo... in part due to the similarity of tank/sump size to my system.

Sorry I can't help directly with your LED question. But I run a hybrid overdriven T5HO/DIY LED set up and am pretty please with it. I do need to switch the bulb combo on the T5's though.

BTW the pics in the second post are not working for me...

Good luck with the move,
    Tom

CR Member

DSC00163 - Webs 75 build thread

CR Member

Picked up the 50 breeder and baffles today with luck I may get them siliconed in tomorrow. Better knock on wood, this build might actually be on schedule!

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Looking forward to seeing this one go up!

CR Member

Sump is built!! Darn baffles were about 3/8" short on the width of the tank. Used a full caulker of silicone, hope it holds. After work tonite I need to hit home depot for a new GFCI for the outlet, grab the ro unit and cans from the old house. Hopefully have GFCI installed, stand and sump in position later tonite.

CR Member

Moved the tank on Thursday. Went to drill the hole for the overflow box and the gfci I had installed was bad. Quick trip to Lowes, replaced the bad gfci with a good one and got it up. Didn't have enough water, completely forgot that I added 30 gallons to the system with the bigger sump. Turned RO on and had dinner, checked it about two hours later and didnt have a single drop of ro water. Had a golf outing for work friday morning that turned into an all day affair. Just got the ro running tonite and so far, everything is holding up!!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Love the narration, keep it coming!! Awesome job on the stand!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Skyhigh - Reefkeeper

First Name
    Bryan
    Awards Photo of the Month - June 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Referral Award Photo of the Month

Is there any update?