[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Wills 46 gal bowfront

Bookmark and Share
Page 4 of 4 First ... 2 3 4
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Hi Will! Was wondering where you was Tank is looking awesome!! Love the way you have your Candy Canes/Trumpets placed. Fish all look happy an healthy. Way da go!!
    Does your Mandarin eat the black worms?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

WillBattle - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Will
    Awards Photo of the Month

Hi Jamie! Thanks the the kind words! The Mandarin has been known to hit at the black worms from time to time, but more just chasing them down and staring at them really. lol His favorite snack is some yummy live brine ( he will even hit these out of the water column with the other fishies!) But the only nutritious thing he really seems to enjoy is the Smaller Mysis (like Hikaris)

First Name
    Will

Update time, here is a viedo of the Potters / and leopards eating some pellets! The CBB is in a friends tank yet again, going to work on a aptasia infestation. I have gotten the Mandarin to start eating pellets over the last month or two as well, but he likes then best in his mason jar

VIDEO0033-0.mp4 video by Wbattle88 - Photobucket

and a few misc pictures from the last month or so..
    IMAG0375 - Wills 46 gal bowfront
    IMAG0385 - Wills 46 gal bowfront
    IMAG0311 zps84eedf57 - Wills 46 gal bowfront
    IMAG0312 zps9b3bb526 - Wills 46 gal bowfront
    IMAG0309 zps993b5dc6 - Wills 46 gal bowfront
    IMAG0307 zps55dd44ed - Wills 46 gal bowfront
    IMAG0319 zpsbca6f258 - Wills 46 gal bowfront
    Likes MizTanks liked this post

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Holy crap batman!! That Mandarin is freaking huge!! LOL I had no idea they got that big. Will your tank is looking simply wonderful! Great video! Corals look awesome too! You should be very proud, you've done a wonderful job with your tank.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    Will

Thanks Jamie! I've been working pretty hard on it, the potters Angel loves all my LPS expect trumpets- frogspawn-hammer and blastos, so I have been trying to get my tank acceptable for a few sps. I am working hard to get it there, but it still has a ways to go, IMO. I have been doing 5-10 gallon WC's every week and a half for the last few months, my mag is also a bit low so I am slowly raising that as well.

Started using my MP-10 on Nutrient transport mode due to reading it was a better mode for sps and have moved them all fairly close to its side of the tank.

The few sps frags I have had have been growing pretty well, fragged a few in half to trade for the Pink BTA i have just picked up, and most have decent color. One of the ones that is hardest for me to color out at all is Vivids rainbow acro. I hear its really hard anyways though. So if anyone is interested in it, has some boss lights and has incredibly low phos/nitrates, I picked it up from Jason Fox himself and its sure to color out amazingly! ( damn swap impulse buy! lol)

Anyways here are some pics of those, that I just took today.

and Please! Correct me if I am wrong with any of these names, I know most I think, but not 100% if I am remembering all of them correctly, and SPS is my weak spot with ID'ing.

Blue Millie-
    IMAG0404 - Wills 46 gal bowfront

Hydnophora - grows real fast, but so efing agressive!
    IMAG0397 - Wills 46 gal bowfront

Left to right- Unknown green base purple tips - Vivids rainbow - unknown(started all green, turning reddish in areas)
    IMAG0396 - Wills 46 gal bowfront

Garf Bonsai - Orange setosa
    IMAG0399 - Wills 46 gal bowfront

Unknown Green SPS from Sir Patrick - Unknown green colony from FD ( was completely brown, but I got it for super cheap, letting to color out)
    IMAG0398 - Wills 46 gal bowfront

and a few other random pics-
    IMAG0400 - Wills 46 gal bowfront
    IMAG0401 - Wills 46 gal bowfront
    IMAG0402 - Wills 46 gal bowfront
    Last edited by WillBattle; 10-16-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: typos
    Likes MizTanks liked this post

Rabidgoose - Reefkeeper Moderator

Awards Yugo Award Photo of the Month

Looking good! How about an FTS?
    I simply can't trust people that don't like bacon,

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Will-

Glad to see that unknown sps still doing well for you! Its got great color, and from the looks of it, is ready to branch out and take off for you this cold season thats approaching.

All I know for sure is- Its a smooth skin/deepwater acro.

Your tank is looking great, by the way, and sounds like you are doing very well with your fish!

If you need a home for a small piece of vivids rainbow, for safe keeping, let me know. I am about to do some changes in my tank (but very few to the entire system thats running) and will have some prime high light areas. Already got the low nutrient part down.

We should catch up for some beers and reef talk soon. I got some pointers to getting you to the SPS keeping potential in your tank that are easier explained in person.

First Name
    Will

Chris,
    Thanks for the complements! Very much appreciated! The green acro is at least double the size when I revived it, ill put up some start till now pics. It seems to grow in every direction but up lol.
    Some beers are definitely needed, and a frag of vivids coming your way.
    I have been meaning to get in touch with you anyways, besides touching basis of the finer points of sps keeping, I will also be seeking advice on moving two tanks. ( Lauras and mine) Luke from Fd ypsi told me he would bag and oxygenate my fish for me. Just simply because I really don't want to see anything happen to them above all else. But still am curious on how I should handle a tank full of coral, nems, sand, and rock. It will be a move from Ann Arbor to Adrian, so not a short distance.

Anyone else that has pointers about moving a tank a hour or so away, I would love to hear em!

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidgoose View Post
    Looking good! How about an FTS?
    Sure ill get one out shortly, with a new Nem in the tank I've had to move a lot of corals around lately

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by WillBattle View Post
    Chris,
    Thanks for the complements! Very much appreciated! The green acro is at least double the size when I revived it, ill put up some start till now pics. It seems to grow in every direction but up lol.
    Some beers are definitely needed, and a frag of vivids coming your way.
    I have been meaning to get in touch with you anyways, besides touching basis of the finer points of sps keeping, I will also be seeking advice on moving two tanks. ( Lauras and mine) Luke from Fd ypsi told me he would bag and oxygenate my fish for me. Just simply because I really don't want to see anything happen to them above all else. But still am curious on how I should handle a tank full of coral, nems, sand, and rock. It will be a move from Ann Arbor to Adrian, so not a short distance.

Anyone else that has pointers about moving a tank a hour or so away, I would love to hear em!

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Sure ill get one out shortly, with a new Nem in the tank I've had to move a lot of corals around lately

I have two 150 gallon square heavy duty totes that work well for moveing. You are welcome to use one. I have moved from as short as a mile to 8 hours useing them. The nice thing is you can use heaters,skimmer and power heads in them once you arrive to your new home! I used them for 7 weeks when I set up our new tank. Look at my build thread and you will see what I am talking about. If you need someone to baby sit the vivid LMK. I have no shortage of intense light and levels are maintained well. When your ready to house it I will gladly return it.

Page 4 of 4 First ... 2 3 4