[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

2011 Nano Contest - sponsored by Nano Customs

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last
    evilc66 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Jim, thanks for giving us the honor of sponsoring the contest. Hopefully we see some great tanks come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cg5071 View Post
    Wow nice. Not to complain but it seems an odd shape unless you have a pre-fab nano system. Any chance they could put the same value on a longer slimmer system if the winner wanted? Just a thought.
    I just want to get some final thoughts on something. I am putting together a 15g frag tank because I really need one but it would also make a nice sump for my 5g hex nano. Will that be legal? I of course wouldnt be counting the frags as coral towards the nano.
    A fixture like this covers the greatest number of tanks, and with the LED portion of things being built to the winners specs, everyone and anyone will be able to take advantage of it in some way. While it would be nice of us to give the winner free reign to design whatever they wanted, we wanted to offer a product that we can post pictures of real parts that they can win.

I hope everyone does like the fixture. It's something I've been working on for a while to solve the "ugly DIY LED fixture" syndrome, while keeping it flexible. The bare fixture will be going on sale soon, and we will have details in our sponsor forum here on CR, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Good luck on the contest everyone.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cg5071 View Post
    I just want to get some final thoughts on something. I am putting together a 15g frag tank because I really need one but it would also make a nice sump for my 5g hex nano. Will that be legal? I of course wouldnt be counting the frags as coral towards the nano.
    Sorry I missed this question earlier...yes that is fine. As long as your total volume is less than 30 gallons. I think that will be ok to not count the $$ of the frags in the frag tank toward your display. Just be sure not to "feature" the frag tank frags too much in your contest thread. I don't want people to be too influenced by corals that aren't counting toward your spending cap.

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

Right, ok. No real pics of the frags/tank.
    I really wasnt complaining at all. I am sure it will be a great light for whatever use the winner can put it too.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

2pairs - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jim

OK, I have a question.

Would it be OK to buy coral now for the contest?
    So long as it isn't put in the tank for the contest until after 1-9-11?
    Just keep them in our main tank until it starts?

whitetiger61 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by 2pairs View Post
    OK, I have a question.

Would it be OK to buy coral now for the contest?
    So long as it isn't put in the tank for the contest until after 1-9-11?
    Just keep them in our main tank until it starts?
    I am assuming u can buy corals anytime so as long as they dont go in the contest tank..It says in the rules that u can use corals from a system u already have in a system u already have so i would think u can buy corals for it now..btw hi Jim..

Rick

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Yes, that is correct. You can add existing corals. However, they will need to count against the spending cap. If you get them from a sponsor hold on to your receipt, they only will count as half of what it cost toward the spending limit.

2pairs - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Yes, that is correct. You can add existing corals. However, they will need to count against the spending cap. If you get them from a sponsor hold on to your receipt, they only will count as half of what it cost toward the spending limit.

Good deal, that gives me a excuse to buy some more coral. (not that I needed a reason or excuse)
    I have never done anything like this before, should be lots of fun.

BTW Hi back to you Rick

whitetiger61 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rick

looking forward to see what u do with your nano..

Rick

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

Hey 2pairs. How are your horsies doing?

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

scubamomma - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Hillary
    Awards March Madness Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

i need to find another nano!!!

Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last