[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

2011 Nano Contest...Where are they now?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default 2011 Nano Contest...Where are they now?

I was just curious if any of the tanks were still up from our contest last spring and how they looked now? Feel free to post here or update your old contest thread.

rosebud161616 - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Erika
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

Mine is still up and running. Although it is packed full of corals right now. We're working on another build that has gotten severely delayed to a light debacle, so for now our higher end stuff is jam packed any place where we could fit it in this tank. I'll have to scrape the sides and take a pic even though it's not much to look at right now...

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Mine is still running. I grew tired of the dense rock work (and never-ending questions from staff and visitors wondering where the fish were.) Earlier this week I removed about 1/2 of the aquascaping and the substrate and am adding a RBTA and pair of Picasso's.

I'll post a photo once the conversion is complete.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

I know Troy has the winning cube still up and running. And looking amazing.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Thanks Larry, I actually didn't enter this contest...I won the DIY contest for the cube build. Now tht I think about it, I shoulda entered but too late =0P

rosebud161616 - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Erika
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

Quote Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post
    Mine is still running. I grew tired of the dense rock work (and never-ending questions from staff and visitors wondering where the fish were.) Earlier this week I removed about 1/2 of the aquascaping and the substrate and am adding a RBTA and pair of Picasso's.

I'll post a photo once the conversion is complete.
    This sounds really cool! I look forwarding to see these pics! Will you be adding any sort of top to keep the clowns from jumping? I have been keeping ours in their anemones with no top for a while now (*knocks on wood*) and they stick to their anemones, but I am always nervous that one day I will come home and find them on the floor...

Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Any one else going to post some photos?

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud161616 View Post
    This sounds really cool! I look forwarding to see these pics! Will you be adding any sort of top to keep the clowns from jumping? I have been keeping ours in their anemones with no top for a while now (*knocks on wood*) and they stick to their anemones, but I am always nervous that one day I will come home and find them on the floor...
    +1 Knock on wood,

In 15 years of keeping clowns, I've never had one jump but...this tank if far more shallow than any I've had before. I'm going to lower the remaining aquascaping in hopes that a large RBTA situated in the center of the tank will keep them "comfy".

I'm waiting a couple weeks for things to settle down before making any additions as I removed a significant amount of bio filtration (more than 1/2 the rockwork and all of the substrate.) My daughter is in charge of choosing the Picassos, so it might take a bit to find the perfect, smiling pair
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

Team CR

First Name
    Larry

Awesome cant wait to see the pics. I want a pair of Picasso's.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post
    +1 Knock on wood,

In 15 years of keeping clowns, I've never had one jump but...this tank if far more shallow than any I've had before. I'm going to lower the remaining aquascaping in hopes that a large RBTA situated in the center of the tank will keep them "comfy".

I'm waiting a couple weeks for things to settle down before making any additions as I removed a significant amount of bio filtration (more than 1/2 the rockwork and all of the substrate.) My daughter is in charge of choosing the Picassos, so it might take a bit to find the perfect, smiling pair
    A little off topic....but I don't think my female Darwin Occy got the memo. I came home and found her on the floor on Wednesday night. I had taken the mesh top off my tank when I went rimless.

dead clown - 2011 Nano Contest...Where are they now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last