[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

2012 Nano Contest Rules- sponsored by Orphek

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    TheLittleMermaid - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Patti
    Awards Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Hey Jim, quick question. I know that the Lansing swap is coming up. How do we go about pictures of recepits for these coral frags if we use them in the nano contest?
    Just keep swimming, ...swimming, swimming....

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleMermaid View Post
    Hey Jim, quick question. I know that the Lansing swap is coming up. How do we go about pictures of recepits for these coral frags if we use them in the nano contest?

Corals at the swap should be counted using the market price list in the first post unless you get a receipt (I realize this is unlikely) or if they listed it as a presale in the What you Bringing Thread, you can link to it to show the price. If we find that the price list is inaccurate, we can change the value of things on the price list. Market price can change from year to year.

Remember if you get corals from a CR sponsor at the swap it will count as half of the purchase price as long as you get a receipt.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

This question is also bound to come up, so here it is from last year:

Information
    Clarification about Inverts:

In general, Fish and other livestock do not count toward the coral spending limit. However, anemones and clams (and other sessile invertebrates..e.g., sea apples, filter feeding cucumbers, etc.) count toward the spending limit as they are more coral-like than fish-like....crabs, shrimp, snails, and starfish would not count toward the coral budget.

rosebud161616 - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Erika
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

So last year it was ok to write down what you were getting , from who, the price, and then have that individual sign, making a makeshift receipt at swaps. Is this ok this year? I won't be at the upcoming swap, but thought this might help others.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Yes. That seemed to work well last year.

This same policy is ok for any swap meet not just Lansing...including purchasing from CR sponsors if they are at other swaps.

ROGERWILCO357 - Reefkeeper CR Member

cool I have a nano tank I was just going to outfit that has been sitting with nothing but water ..now the light on it is no good what can I use on a 12 gallon nano tank to replace it but still keep the original canopy I have cats too

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I just wanted to update the prize info now that Orphek is releasing more info on this brand new fixture...the DIF50XP.

The DIF50XP is a new Orphek pendant which joins a growing trend of incorporating more colors of LED in reef aquarium lights. The DIF50XP is endowed with several LED colors under the same common lens including a 410nm near-UV, 430nm violet,white, 20,000 Kelvin, and two shades of red at 640 and 660nm are all nested in the multicolored-multichip LED found in the Orphek DIF50XP.

The red and violet light included in the DIF50XP LED pendant may not appear as bright to our eyes as the whites and the blues, but they are likely to set some photosynthesis into overdrive by lining up well with known peaks of photosynthetic activity. Pricing and availability is still undetermined for Orphek's new LED pendant.

orphek difxp pendant - 2012 Nano Contest Rules- sponsored by Orphek

There is still time to get started with your nano build and have a chance to win this awesome fixture from Orphek. Its free to enter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes phishcrazee liked this post

phishcrazee - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Fawn

I have a large green LTA I'm adding to the tank, what would you say for a price on that? There is a pic in my build thread, I'm just trying to gauge how much more I can add to my tank. I have it down as $100 right now.........

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

That sounds reasonable to me. Any other opinions?

TheLittleMermaid - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Patti
    Awards Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

I need a price for gobstoppers per poylp. I have two that I fragged from another tank of mine. Thanks
    Just keep swimming, ...swimming, swimming....

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last