[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

AND THE HALF WAY WINNER IS..........

Bookmark and Share
    graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Default AND THE HALF WAY WINNER IS..........

Well we have deliberated and decided on a half way winner.
    First off I would like to say I was a little bummed that not everybody who is participating posted pics. Those of you who did not post your pics were not considered for the half way prize. I just want to thank everyone who did put up their pics.
    This was a very hard choice for us. These tanks are taking off quicker and better than we had anticipated. And for that all of you should be congratulated!!!!!
    Well without further ADUE!!! Your half way winner in the nano build of iss

dsfdbutterfly Or better known as ANGIE!!!

Angie stand up and take a bow and tell us a little something about your tank!!!

Angie for your half way award I will PM you and let you choose a frag from me and will get it shipped out to you for your tank.

Once again I just want to thank everyone!!! And keep up the good work. these tanks are looking better than we thought!!!!
    fulltankshot 1 - AND THE HALF WAY WINNER IS..........

dsfdbutterfly - Reefkeeper Registered User

I want to say thank you so much for this. It couldn't come at a better time for me you really have no idea.

I started the reef tank after looking at it for about 4 months at the LFS. My husband wanted the tank pretty bad but I kept putting him off. Knowing that I would be the one putting the hours into the tank. He ended up doing a moving job right before Christmas so my surprise for him was the tank. Little at that time did I know anything about CR or about any of the wonderful people I would meet here.

I started the tank and have been going strong ever since. When I started my fish only tank I did just about everything wrong so it has been a wonderful surprise to have knowledge, help and sucess on your side.

I would also like to say that if everyone had taken and submitted their photos I wouldn't be writing in. There are some really nice tanks out there and I think everyone is doing an awsome job on their little tanks. I would also like to say a big thank you to the judges, for their time and for their votes . I really do appreciate this and thank you more than I could write in this post.

Angie
    When you make a mistake look for the lesson to be learned and try not to repeat it.

CONGRATULATIONS ANGIE!!!

You've done a FABULOUS job with your nano! It's going to be fun to see how much greater it gets over the next few months!

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

CONGRATS ANGIE!!!
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Congrats!!!
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Congradulations Angie,your 30gal cube is gonna be one awesome nano by the time its finished.Its what,4 months old now?Your having success with Acropora sp. and many of us(myself included)have trouble with this very finicky genus of corals.It was really hard on us judges,there were so many nice tanks to choose from.It would of even been harder to choose if the rest of the members in this contest would have posted their updated pics.What i really like about your tank was your aquascape.You left alot of room between the glass/sides of tank and the `scape.Besides all that,I liked your coral selection/placement.The first setup pic and the latest pic really demonstrated its progress and is what did it for me.

BTW Greg,since your already gonna be packaging/shipping Angie's frag,might as well send one my way

dsfdbutterfly - Reefkeeper Registered User

Thanks for the congrats. Yes, the tank is only 4 months old and I am enjoying it more every day to be honest with you. I read an article about the acropora that I think has lead to my success. Soft corals are very teritorial and people tend to add them first as them being "easier" to care for. What happens when you do this is when you try to upgrade to adding hard corals like acropora the soft coarals in the tank send out their destructive signals that end up killing the coral. I added it before anything established its territory.

I also do another thing that absolutely is a must. I feed my corals. The person that sold me the coral tried to give me Kent CB as food and told me that was all I would ever need. I got home did some research and went and got me some food. Never feeding the same thing twice in one week either (I don't like to eat the same thing over and over).

I'm just glad that things are doing good. I've found a place that I call home (thanks CR) and people that I call friends. The knowledge and experience that I have gained from this site is so much more than I could have ever expected. It has helped me in my success and in every aspect of my set up. Everyone who has asked a question and everyone who has reponded to one of my posts has allowed me to expand and grow. Enough with the sap now though.

Last but not least Dave always trying to get something aren't you Can't blame ya though. Ya don't get anything if you don't ask.

Angie
    When you make a mistake look for the lesson to be learned and try not to repeat it.