[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

CalmSeasQuest's 2012 Desktop Nano

Bookmark and Share
Page 19 of 19 First ... 9 17 18 19
    CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

I guess that a wrap - I see Jim has put up the voting thread. I hope everyone will take time to review each contestants build thread and vote for your favorite.

One of the challenges with this tank are the proportions - Because the tank is so long (when compared to other nanos), trying to get a FTS results in the photo being taken from very far away making it difficult to make out details within the tank. This is also the case for the final contest photo. I apologize for the photo seemingly being so far away, and I hope I've provided enough macro shots throughout the build thread to give you a sense of the tank and it's design.

I've had a lot of fun and learned quite a bit with this build. Far beyond the "unique" aquascaping, I never imagined I'd build a skimmer - even more surprisingly, one that actually works very well . I'm also excited about the filtration tower. A very compact and easy-to-do idea that I've found to be effective in helping maintain water quality. I think it's playing a large role in the success of the tank - especially since there is no live rock whatsoever.

Thanks again for tagging along and for all your comments and suggestions throughout the build. I hope you'll take a moment to determine your favorite and Vote for the Best Nano Build
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

jstan - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jason

SO, is the tank still running or did it get torn down, as soon as the contest was over.

It'd be nice to see this fully grown in and mature. Especially with all the neat acrylic base structures.

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE !!!!! please

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

It's like CSQ has dropped off the face of CR
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Page 19 of 19 First ... 9 17 18 19