I'm going to rebuild the "PuzzleRock" tank that sits on my office desk and was my 21011 Nano tank entry...
That tank was a lot of fun to build, and the method of creating and using slabbed live rock hadn't been done before. The downside was, the aquascaping was so dense, that when coupled with the small tank dimensions - I never felt it fair to add any fish. As a result, the first question from every visitor to my office was "where are the fish"?
And now for something completely different...
This tank will go in a new direction. This will be something of a minimalist mixed reef (I might even add a couple nano fish to satisfy the visitors )
- Tank - Mr. Aqua 12 Long (36" X 8" X 9") ~12 gallons in dimension, (7.5 gallons water) Fitted with an 8" overflow creating a 3"X3"x8" mini-sump area.
- Lights - Catalina Solar Black 4 X 39W T5 (ATI Blue+, Blue+, AquaBlue, KZ Fiji Purple) + ReefBrite 36" LED 50%/50% Royal Blue / White
- Return Pump - Eheim 600 Compact set at 160 GPH.
- Controller - Apex Aquacontroller, lab grade pH, ORP, PM2 with salinity probe.
- Skimmer - DIY CSQ 2X12 Luft-airstone driven skimmer with Hydor Pico Evolution pump, bubble plate and remote skimmate collection
- Mechanical filtration - AquaClear 20 with custom InTANK media insert using Chemipure Elite and Purigen as needed.
- Biological Filtration - Marine Pure Ceramic Biomedia Spheres (compensating for limited live rock) and Mangroves
- ATO - Elos Osmocontroller feeding Kalk laden RO/DI
- Dosing - BRS 2-Part via 2 BRS peristaltic dosing pumps controlled by the Apex
- Water movement - 1X MP-10Wes running ReefCrest @ 10%
- Live Rock - Zip, Zero, Nada
- Substrate - Tropic Eden Reef Flakes
- Heater - Hydor 100 Watt
No code has to be inserted here.