[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

CalmSeasQuest's 2012 Desktop Nano

Bookmark and Share
Page 5 of 19 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... Last

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Patrick View Post
    Have any pics of this skimmer??
    Almost done Chris - I ran out of Novus and still have some polishing to do. Should have photos by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Your narration is such that I'm totally stoked to see this tank!! The suspense is killing me!!!
    Thanks Miz, now I just have to worry about living up to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by phishcrazee View Post
    Need some pics of something
    Thanks for your patience - Pics are coming soon.

I've refrained from posting photos intentionally. For the past 20 years, every tank I've built has basically been an adaptation of the same theme. Although we've long since lost the plenums, underground filters and skilters, most builds are simply filling a tank with live rock and gluing in Frags. I've had an idea about doing something different and this build presented a perfect opportunity to do so.

Hopefully when you see this tank, you'll understand why I waited to show it in it's entirety, rather than ala-carte build photos. I believe this tank will set forth some new ideas and perspectives about what a "reef tank" might be including new ideas on aquascaping and nanofiltration.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
    Likes MizTanks liked this post

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Now you really got my attention.....

rosebud161616 - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Erika
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

Quote Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post

I've refrained from posting photos intentionally. For the past 20 years, every tank I've built has basically been an adaptation of the same theme. Although we've long since lost the plenums, underground filters and skilters, most builds are simply filling a tank with live rock and gluing in Frags. I've had an idea about doing something different and this build presented a perfect opportunity to do so.

Hopefully when you see this tank, you'll understand why I waited to show it in it's entirety, rather than ala-carte build photos. I believe this tank will set forth some new ideas and perspectives about what a "reef tank" might be including new ideas on aquascaping and nanofiltration.
    That's a lot of talk and I can't wait to see the walk! No doubt in my mind it will happen and I'm excited to see it!

phishcrazee - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Fawn

But isn't it in the rules that you have to update with pictures? Wouldn't have to be of the tank necessarily.......

First Name
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by phishcrazee View Post
    But isn't it in the rules that you have to update with pictures? Wouldn't have to be of the tank necessarily.......
    I'm not sure I understand your concern Fawn, but rest assured I'll comply with the requirements. There are photos and videos of the tank etc...posted as recent as eight days ago with myriad forthcoming.
    Last edited by CalmSeasQuest; 02-15-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

First Name
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud161616 View Post
    That's a lot of talk and I can't wait to see the walk! No doubt in my mind it will happen and I'm excited to see it!
    Thanks Erika!

I hope I haven't "over-hyped" build. This idea isn't revolutionary, it probably isn't even evolutionary - but it is different. At least personally, I've never seen this done.

Anyone expecting a traditional reef build will be disappointed. This one will definitively be considered "Abbynormal"

Got the tank moved to the office yesterday, but IT issues kept me getting the substrate washed and tank filled. I did manage to get the T5/LED fixture taken down, cleaned and relamped. Also moved the Apex to an area beside my monitor where it can be affixed to the hutch on my desk.

I hoping to have time tomorrow to get the substrate washed and tank filled (I have to haul RO/DI from my home.) I'm also excited about this little skimmer (it's amazing how much time can be spent thinking about skimmers.) All I'm waiting on is the delivery of some rigid tubing to install the air stone and it should be ready to fractionate.

AJ :) - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    aj

Quote Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post
    Thanks Erika!

I hope I haven't "over-hyped" build. This idea isn't revolutionary, it probably isn't even evolutionary - but it is different. At least personally, I've never seen this done.

Anyone expecting a traditional reef build will be disappointed. This one will definitively be considered "Abbynormal"

Got the tank moved to the office yesterday, but IT issues kept me getting the substrate washed and tank filled. I did manage to get the T5/LED fixture taken down, cleaned and relamped. Also moved the Apex to an area beside my monitor where it can be affixed to the hutch on my desk.

I hoping to have time tomorrow to get the substrate washed and tank filled (I have to haul RO/DI from my home.) I'm also excited about this little skimmer (it's amazing how much time can be spent thinking about skimmers.) All I'm waiting on is the delivery of some rigid tubing to install the air stone and it should be ready to fractionate.
    Abbynormal? Is that a NCIS reference?

First Name
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by AJ :) View Post
    Abbynormal? Is that a NCIS reference?
    No, here was my reference (Terry Garr looks great!)...

Abby Normal Scene from Young Frankenstein Movie (1974) | MOVIECLIPS

I'd forgotten what a great movie that was.

AJ :) - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    aj

Hmm, I'll have to see that one. I'll assume you don't follow NCIS.

Page 5 of 19 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... Last