[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Contest - Fally

Bookmark and Share
Page 8 of 8 First ... 6 7 8
    mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

wow nice pictures... the detail is amazing you can even see the pod on the base or the zoa, really cool fally
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

that is so cool
    :: hummer :nemo

That is GREAT!!! :-D Wonderful pics!!!

wow nice

I am sorry to post that I am going to have to drop out of the contest. I am getting a new 120 to replace my 75 and I am going to break down my other tanks so I can focus all my efforts on this one. I am sorry to anyone that was following the progress of this tank. I only have so much spare time and the new setup is going to take it all!

The new tank is an acrylic 120 Gallon reef ready. The overflow is in the back center of the tank. It comes with two T3 pumps for a dual closed loop system that I will put on a wave timer. My 75 has a crush coral sand bed. I really dislike this substrate and only have it in there because of some bad advice I got when I started(LFS). I am going to use a mix of dry and live sand in the 120, this should give the bed a kick start. I'll move my current sump over to the new system and I'm hoping that the DSB in there will help to keep the water quality up there while the new bed matures.

I have already broken down our hex tank and I will be taking down the frag tank and nano on Wednesday. I'll update this thread with some final pictures!

Dave
    Public Affairs Officer
    Saltwater Addicts of Maine
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Saltwater Tanks:
    120 Gallon mixed reef
    20 Gallon frag tank

cweber - Reefkeeper CR Member

Sorry to hear that, but congrats and good luck on the new tank. You sure you have to tear the nano down?

I'm so sorry that you're pulling out of the contest; you really have an amazing nano going! Have fun with the new tank, and be sure to keep us posted along the way!!! :-)

The 120 is awesome! It had an internal overflow and a closed loop already plumbed. It also had an electrical panel in the stand. I was able to get rid of two Seio 1500's, two Maxijet 900's, five power strips, and two external overflows! Plus I left two 65w PC bulbs and a ballast that were in the canopy. All I added to the system was a T3 pump for the closed loop.

This system is so much simpler with fewer things that can fail. I'll try and get some pictures up soon.

Dave
    Public Affairs Officer
    Saltwater Addicts of Maine
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Saltwater Tanks:
    120 Gallon mixed reef
    20 Gallon frag tank

cweber - Reefkeeper CR Member

Awesome! Im going to be starting a 125 soon.

Sounds great! I can't wait to see some pics!

Page 8 of 8 First ... 6 7 8