Welcome to the Nano contest forum. We can't really call it a build-off because we're not all starting from scratch with a rigid set of rules. This contest will be more of a friendly nano tank competition and just about everyone can play as long as their display tank is the right size. I still need to bounce these ideas off of Dakar and Reef_Angel, but here's the tentative rules that I've come up with from previous discussions. A finalized version will be posted, well, when they're finalized. Tentative Rules:
1. Display size no larger than 30 gallons
2. Sump no larger than display, and not shared with another tank.
3. Tentative start date of December 1st, not sure about the end date (open for discussion)
4. Contest ends probably mid-summer of 2006
5. Mandatory build photos if the tank is starting from scratch
6. At minimum, monthly tank pictures (the more the better) along with tank updates
7. Detailed descriptions of equipment.
What other ideas to people have? I'm open to discussion.