[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Heidi's Bedroom Nano

Bookmark and Share
Page 7 of 7 First ... 5 6 7
    Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    NICE AIPTASIA n00b!!!
    That jaw can lay down da law.

Preuss has a nice new 12 gallon edge on display with a really nice jawfish in it. I think it looks cool in a tank with tall dimensions.
    Bahahaha! I had a aiptisia killing frenzy a few days ago. I killed 5 in that little tank, one was even growing on the cheato! Even though I have a melter I used good ol' Kalk. (it was the water change day so I wouldn't raise the ph too much. ). Here's a fun fact for you all, I do a 2 gallon water change every week. Oh and an update: the second jawfish that was in QT ended up dying so I am on the look out for another jawfish. This weekend.
    Heidi

Badfish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Here's a fun fact for you all, I do a 2 gallon water change every week.Heidi
    Your water change is the same amount as my whole tank!
    Likes Heidi liked this post

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

Well good luck to everyone. I am out. It's a long story but to make it shorter my second jawfish died for no reason... He just stopped eating one day and died 4 days later... I really made me sad and stressed me out. I forgot how much you have to keep up with a new tank, and my husband is on 3rd shift right now for the next month and a half so it makes it impossible to get in there in the day time. Just too much right now. Maybe next year.
    Best of luck to all I you in it.
    Heidi

phishcrazee - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Fawn

I'm so sorry, I was really enjoying your build and you've got a sweet little tank there. Sorry about the jawfish, sometimes that happens and we'll never know why.......Good luck with the tank Heidi.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

That's so sad Heidi. Sorry for your losses
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

Thanks guys. Yeah maybe next year since my husband will be doing normal hours etc. I am keeping all the stuff so for sure I will set this up again some time. "Outage" time for me is like being a single mom of 4 kids. I am having a hard enough time keeping up with the big tank but have been buying stuff to automate it little by little. Best of luck for all those still in it, and thanks for the kind words guys!
    Heidi

AJ :) - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    aj

Very sorry to hear about the fish.
    Don't give up hope! You could still add a sump. It might make things more manageable.
    Did you check with the place you got the fish from? Maybe they will stand behind their fish?
    You still have a cool *** tank, that you built no matter what!

Badfish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Pat

Awww... 23 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano I was really getting into this build. Do you plan on leaving the tank up, or are you taking it down completely Heidi?

Page 7 of 7 First ... 5 6 7