[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Nano Build off Withdrawal

Bookmark and Share
    ReefNeck - Reefkeeper Registered User

Default Nano Build off Withdrawal

It is regretful to say that I must withdraw from this competition.

With my injuries and constant headaches I can't do the things I want to do at this time to be competitive. Also I have gained a problem with ICH in my reef and the current plan is to tear the reef down and rebuild it in a 55G I have sitting around minus the fish which will remain in the 29G for treatment. The only fish showing signs of ICH is my Coral Beauty Angel but to be safe I plan to treat all the fish once the reef is moved to the other tank.

To be honest, I felt my chances were slim anyway due to my limitations with funds and physical ability because of my injuries and inability to work. I thank you all for encouraging me to enter anyway and hope to perhaps do a small reef again someday when I have recovered from my injuries.

Good luck to you all in this contest and may the best Man/Woman win!

'll still be around the forums occasionally as I feel up to being on the computer.

Keri

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Keri, that is no problems buddy. Just work on getting better that is the most important thing. And dont be a stranger. We are all here pulling for you. But when you do get that 55 up and running we will expect some pics of that baby. You have a good christmas
    fulltankshot 1 - Nano Build off Withdrawal

Sorry to hear you are leaving the contest, but it's understandable. It's time for less stress when you're unwell... less stress on the body as well as the wallet!

Wishing you a quick recovery and a wonderful Christmas & New Year!

PS - keep us posted on your fishies' health when you're feeling up to it... hope all is cleared up quickly!

My how things change.
    Last Sunday our Coral Beauty died. She was covered with ICH. Funny thing is she was the only one to ever show signs of it though I am still treating the reef just to be safe. Had to dismantle the reef to get her body. I didn't have the heart to leave her for the crabs and snails to eat. Then on Tuesday morning we found our beloved "Manny" the Mandarinfish also dead. Tore the reef down again and recovered his body. (Again, The heart thing). At this time we can't afford to replace either one and both were my wife's fish. All Mine are still good. :P

The whole time the reef is still in the 29G and going strong. Tuesdays rebuilding went very well and I am very happy with the new rock layout coupled with the extra 50lbs of Live rock my mother donated to me.

There will be some new pics posted in my gallery in a little while if I can get the wife off IM's with her mother and getting the pics off the camera. (It's all hooked to her PC).
    Missed being around all you guys & gals. Had to drop in and visit. Still out of work with my injuries and dreading Christmas day since the kids wont have much but we'll survive it.

I hope everyone is doing well with their builds. Mine may make a dramatic comeback yet. Keep eyeing that empty 55G in the corner though. lol.

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

Keri, it is always darkest before the dawn it will get better. How old are you kids and what do they want from santa
    check this girl out she is a great singer

http://myspace.com/nicolejamesmusic

Merry Christmas!

The girls are 2 and 7 months so easy to please. Valerie (2) could use clothes in a 3T size.  Alyson (7months) doesn't really "Need" anything but a cuddle toy or 2 would be nice. She has a swing, A Jumperoo and a nice crib. Maybe clothes at most for her also. She's in a 12 month size.

Nothing is expected from anyone! My wife and I are just both thankful that I can be here with them.
    Hope everyone has been well while I have been resting.

Pics are posted in my gallery everyone. Adding more as we speak.
    Thanks to my mother for the new Live Rock and Coral Frags. Her Christmas gift to me.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Keri,
    I saw the pics of the accident!! WOW it is so good to see you allright. that looks nasty. hang in there buddy and chin up.... we are all pulling for you.
    you have a beautifull wife and children what more could you ask for.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Greg
    fulltankshot 1 - Nano Build off Withdrawal